Protein powder suggestions (in Canada)

Options
UpcyclerGirl
UpcyclerGirl Posts: 43 Member
edited August 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hi all...I am in Canada. I am on a low carb diet but can't seem to meet my protein macros, so I was wondering which protein powder supplement you use? Looking for one that tastes great without so many calories. Thank you!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I use the Kaizen Naturals vanilla from Costco Canada. About $35 when on sale, I think.

41g, 150cal, 3g carb, 0.5g fat, 35g protein.

Contains: whey protein isolate, natural flavours, soy lecithin<1% (emulsifier), xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract.

I just use it if I am short on protein and mix it with water.

Cheers, h.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Isopure, so many flavors and varieties, and delicious
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My all-time favourite is DynaWhey because it mixes so well with just water and the iced cappuccino tastes great. 36g serving is 130 cals with 7g carbs and 25g protein.

My coworker's daughter and her b/f are into body building and they recommended Canadianprotein dot com to me because their protein is low in preservatives. They have a ton of flavours. Their flavoured whey isolate is 121 cals, 27g protein and 1g carb for a 30g serving. Doesn't mix as smoothly with water, however.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like LeanFit which I buy at Costco. To me it has the best taste for the price and is super low carb which I look for.
  • dollarbill181
    dollarbill181 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Isopure. 0g of carbs per scoop
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I also use Kaizen from Costco. I don't always use a full scoop and when it's 10$ off twice a year I stock up. Should be soon again
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    What do you mix your protein powder with?
  • Cascadae
    Cascadae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Gold standard whey protein double chocolate is thr best
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard.