Any open-diary runners/triathletes want to be buddies?

Options
Hello :smile:

I am new to MFP, just joined today. Swimmer, cyclist and runner – I've been out with an injury for 6 months and have literally today commenced a very long and slow rehab programme devised by my physio. I have gained a few pounds but my main concern is eating a diet that will support my recovery (though it wouldn't hurt if those extra pounds went away).

I'm a vegetarian, though I tend to follow a vegan diet from Monday-Friday, adding dairy at the weekends.

It would be great to have some inspiration from likeminded people!

Please add me if that is you :smile:

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    hi,
    idk i think my diary is open for friends

here are a bunch of runners
  • swimbikerunbimmy
    swimbikerunbimmy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll have a look at that. I also tried to add you but who knows if I've done that properly!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    There is a Strava group for MFP runners that as active as the monthly challenge group hyperlinked above. Group welcomes all runners and very engaged. I don’t know if there is an organized triathlete group but there are some of us who have completed 5150, 70.3 and even a few 140.6 persons on here.
  • AnitaKundu
    AnitaKundu Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,keen runner here (10k), feel free to add me :)
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    There is a triathlon group on MFP but it hasn't been active for a couple of years. I've been training for about a year and have a rather modest story to tell of both weight loss and getting in shape. At this point I'm a back of the pack swimmer, a front of the pack cyclist and a middle of the pack runner in my age group. There is a swimming group that seems fairly active, so even if you don't run into a lot of triathletes you might look into that group.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am a runner training for a half!! I def would love to do a tri in the future!
  • swimbikerunbimmy
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys, if you don't mind I'll send you an add, and I'll check out the group suggestions 😀
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm a runner, but i'm pretty far from vegan or vegetarian!
  • swimbikerunbimmy
    Options
    Haha - excellent! I'll add :)
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty far from vegan or vegetarian!

you had lentils and spinach yesterday ... thats pretty close ;)
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am a wannabe triathlete ... I run and cycle ... but not found the time yet to swim .. Its on my list of things to start though as soon as my kid ditches all her neurosis she inherited from me and becomes more independant
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I’m a triathlete but definitely not a vegetarian, does that count😃
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    i'm pretty far from vegan or vegetarian!

you had lentils and spinach yesterday ... thats pretty close ;)

topped with pork chops! :laugh:
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Mostly a biker...
    Sometimes a runner...
    Rarely a swimmer...
    Recovering triathlete...

Carnivore.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I'm a multisport guy. (why do one sport well, when you can be mediocre at three of them?)

Just started tapering after a 28 week build for a race on 8/19, so I've been eating all the food lately. :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Mostly a biker...
    Sometimes a runner...
    Rarely a swimmer...
    Recovering triathlete...

Carnivore.

Recent events suggest that you may have had a "triathlon relapse", lol!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I'm a multisport guy. (why do one sport well, when you can be mediocre at three of them?)

lol... that's awesome. And totally true (for me)!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, past winner of many triathlons (swimming was my strong point!) but I don't do races anymore.. just run and swim for fun and health. Definetly not a vegetarian though my entire family is lol! Feel free to add me 😊
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the groups in MFP and did see two active groups with triathletes in them: "Long Distance Runners" and "Triathletes/Duathletes".
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I just looked at the groups in MFP and did see two active groups with triathletes in them: "Long Distance Runners" and "Triathletes/Duathletes".

the long distance runners group is reasonably active