Plateau advice :(

Options
Hello,

I’ve been steadily losing weight (almost 2 stone since April) however the last 2 weeks I haven’t lost anything and it’s so frustrating as I’ve stuck to plan 100%. I’m not willing to go lower than 1200 calories as I just enjoy my food too much. Any advise??

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How are you logging your food?
  • amycoleslaw86
    amycoleslaw86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Scanning bar codes and weighing everything else
  • watlins230160
    watlins230160 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Three weeks into my new life and also hitting a bit of a wall re weight loss. Probably due to the initial effect of cutting out the alcohol and now settling into a routine where 1-2 kg per week is correct, but psychologically its a bit of a downer not to see those big losses on an almost daily basis. I'm sure that the scales will move again but I can see where the frustration kicks in and the need to remain focussed and strong.
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do not give up, I had the same problem myself I lost a lot of weight at first then it suddenly stopped to little, think like other comments I was lighter and thus needed less. Even if it is a pound or half a pound a week over time that all adds up. Its been two years for me and currently been on a plateau for a while now. For me at least I am kind of glad as it has allowed me time to focus and improving my long term habits a bit more.

Good luck, you can do it!
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Same here, glad it is raining this morning where I am in the UK. Completely off topic but what I hate is going to buy food and immediately faced with ice cream, chocolate etc, especially in my local Tesco. Does not help getting off a plateau and really one for will power.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? If you're close to your goal weight, your rate of loss might be too much to expect. You definitely shouldn't eat fewer than 1200 calories a day as long as you are tracking accurately.
  • amycoleslaw86
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? If you're close to your goal weight, your rate of loss might be too much to expect. You definitely shouldn't eat fewer than 1200 calories a day as long as you are tracking accurately.
    I have around 7lbs to lose to reach my goal weight. I’ve got a holiday to Vegas in 2 weeks, i won’t be too strict while I’m there so maybe that mix up might help?
  • amycoleslaw86
    Options

jjpptt2 wrote: »
    1. Be patient.
    2. Refocus on your logging.
    3. Be patient.
    4. Stick with your exercise routine.
    5. Be patient.
    6. Refocus on your diet/intake.

Thank you!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • amycoleslaw86
    Options
    I think you have probably lost enough weight that your rate of loss is slowing. Although telling you to be patient is frustrating if you truly are weighing everything you are eating and logging and it is only 1200 calories you need to just wait for the weight to come off. I feel your pain believe me. Any of us who have lost know that there will be times when it seems like the weight loss stalls. I think changing up what you are eating is a valid idea as well as perhaps taking a diet break and eating at maintenance for a couple of weeks. You may see a slight gain but it will come right back off again. That worked for me but I had been stalled for a couple of months (after a year of dieting and a loss around 85 pounds). You may not have to be that drastic. Either way as your body gets smaller your loss will also shrink and since so many things can mask weight loss like water or constipation it looks like you aren't losing at all. Hang in there it will happen.

Thank you so much, that’s super helpful and reassuring. I have 7lbs to lose until I reach my goal weight which makes it all the more frustrating being so close to that! I’m so use to seeing a steady loss that now seeing nothing is getting me down. I have a holiday in 2 weeks no doubt I’ll be going over my calories, but I’ll be getting right back on track when I’m home so maybe that will help?