Hi

Options
Hello,

My name is Hannah, I’m 32 and from England. I have just re joined MFP after a while off and want to lose over 6 stone! Feels like such a long journey ahead at the moment so would love to hear any success stories etc for motivation or add me if you like for support please and I can try and support you on your journey as well ☺️ xx

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Hannah :) I'm from England too!
  • HannahLDT
    HannahLDT Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Thank you! Hey ☺️
  • cpkretz1
    cpkretz1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah! I have a niece, Hannah, who is amazing -- so I'm sure you are, too! First, welcome back! I also have a long journey ahead, I've tried numerous times to get back on the wagon and fallen off almost daily! Then a week or so ago I read an article somewhere about a girl who joined this site in her late 30's and weighed around 284 but stuck with it and now weights around 140 and is a personal trainer! The article included a before and after picture. Her before picture did not look bad, she looked like anyone you might see on the street; but her after picture was ROCKIN'! She actually had a 4 pack (I counted)! So impressive. I don't know if this will help, but instead of thinking about the end goal, I'm just going to set daily goals and take it one day at a time! For instance, my goal for today is to get cleaned up, do some yoga, take my dog for a walk and try to make better food choices, then, before the day is over, do one fun thing as a reward for a good day! The girl in the article mentioned that she didn't focus on any fad diets; but, instead, focused on just trying to eat healthier and reading the note that displays at the bottom of the food diary screen that tells you how much you'll weigh in 5 weeks if you continue to eat the way you did that day. Personally, while I weighed myself to start, I'm going to try to not weigh myself until 5 weeks are over, just to see the progress. Let me tell you, THAT will be a challenge, staying off of the scale. The scale is evil! Let's just focus on healthier food choices, more activity and more FUN!!! Hope this helps!
  • HannahLDT
    Options
    Hi. Haha, thank you. This is all so helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I’m similar in the sense that every Monday morning I say to myself I’ll start something and then by most Friday evenings I’m celebrating my successful diet week with a bottle of wine and then put all my weight I’ve lost back on again! It’s a bad cycle to be in that I want to break! I think that’s a really good idea to weigh yourself again in 5 weeks, I think I might try that too! Agreed it’ll be hard! Thank you for the advice of taking it day by day I really want to be able to train myself to do that as well! That success story is amazing! I think (no I know!) if I stick to this and enjoy it I can get back to a weight I’m happy with! I really hope your journey is a successful one as well!! X
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hello Hannah from England. I'm Hannah from England too! I lost close to six stone with this app 4-5 years ago, but unfortunately put half of it back on - I'm working on taking that off again now. Don't forget - slow and steady wins the race.

Welcome back - I'm sure you've got this.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have 6 stone to lose (after losing it 15 years ago and put it and more back on) I'm half way there at the moment and actually finding it both easier than I thought and actually quite enjoyable :)
  • HannahLDT
    Options

Hello Hannah from England! That’s good to hear, sounds as though you’re doing amazing!! Yes slow and steady, thank you ☺️
  • HannahLDT
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Hi, I too have 6 stone to lose (after losing it 15 years ago and put it and more back on) I'm half way there at the moment and actually finding it both easier than I thought and actually quite enjoyable :)
    That’s awesome Jackie!! Well done for your loss so far! X
  • isabel_gets_healthy_25
    Options
    Hi Hannah!

I’m Isabel from England 😊 I’ve been in the same boat as you in that cycle of starting a diet on Monday morning only to undo my efforts at the weekend! So frustrating!

I’m just focusing on taking it day by day now, making healthy decisions everyday whilst still allowing myself treats without stressing or overindulging.

Good luck with your weight loss efforts!
  • HannahLDT
    Options
    Hi Hannah!

I’m Isabel from England 😊 I’ve been in the same boat as you in that cycle of starting a diet on Monday morning only to undo my efforts at the weekend! So frustrating!

I’m just focusing on taking it day by day now, making healthy decisions everyday whilst still allowing myself treats without stressing or overindulging.

Good luck with your weight loss efforts!

Hi Isabel from England ☺️. I know, it’s such an annoying cycle to be in isn’t it! I’ve been in it for so long as well now! Good to have treats though and good idea about taking it day by day!

Good luck - we can definitely do this!! X