Over 50 and making positive changes all around!

Options
Colofit
Colofit Posts: 177 Member
I'm sure like many women menopause hit me like a ton of bricks. Before I knew it I lost all motivation to work out (which I have always loved) my body started to change ...stomach fat, celulite, chubby face...the usual. I felt like I needed to just give in to the fact that I will look like a frumpy women now. Then I went to my stepsons wedding and saw pictures of myself and my heart sunk to a new low level. I have got back on "my fitness pal" and hit the gym and can't believe the changes I have made! I would like to meet more people who LOVE good healthy nutritious food and positive changes. Ladies we DON'T need to give in...our bodies can look young and healthy!!!

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    We have to do this no matter what our age, I'm proof of that. Good luck
  • Lilbit992
    Lilbit992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Slow and Steady.. we all have a slip up day or may miss a bit here and there just keep with it! Good Luck!
  • dgfit2be
    dgfit2be Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    right there with you - oldest just graduated high school and though I have kept working out, I have realized I can no longer continue to eat the same way I always have. Am making changes -- but it certainly isn't easy.
  • USCBMOM22
    USCBMOM22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Colofit wrote: »
    I'm sure like many women menopause hit me like a ton of bricks. Before I knew it I lost all motivation to work out (which I have always loved) my body started to change ...stomach fat, celulite, chubby face...the usual. I felt like I needed to just give in to the fact that I will look like a frumpy women now. Then I went to my stepsons wedding and saw pictures of myself and my heart sunk to a new low level. I have got back on "my fitness pal" and hit the gym and can't believe the changes I have made! I would like to meet more people who LOVE good healthy nutritious food and positive changes. Ladies we DON'T need to give in...our bodies can look young and healthy!!!

I'm totally there with you. I could copy and paste your post and it would match my current situation. Even though I eat healthy most of the time, menopause has totally kicked my butt. I joined here hoping that I will stay motivated to eat right and more importantly, get that exercise in. I try to run 3 days a week, but that just isn't enough anymore. I feel like menopause hit and my metabolism tanked. I've always been curvy, but my curves seem to be shifting to places that I do not like. I'm protesting this nonsense!!
  • DSW52
    DSW52 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I’m one hundred percent with you. Are you guys still on this app? You took words out of my mouth. Looking for someone to help keep me accountable.
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    GOt it! Age changes many things- some for the better! "Weight" is not one of the things changed for the better for me! But working it! Starting with intake. Will work on exercise when I am able:-)
  • crazyddarrell
    crazyddarrell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    age is just a number 😊