Opinions - Landlords/Tentants

Options
Nessiechickie
Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
edited August 2018 in Chit-Chat
Looking for some opinions on a situation I'm going through right now.
-Use to rent a *kitten* trailer from some *druggies* but they sold it so gave us our two months.
We found a new rental to move into but just before we even could get some of our stuff into the new rental that one sold.
-We ended up buying a motorhome and moved into that but everything ended up being last minute
-So the last day that we have to move out we are rushing it gets done minus some wood and my b/f canopy for his truck, we sold the wood (it was new 2x4's) and a glass outside table.
-I cleaned that trailer top to bottom with disinfectant wipes and spray except for the bathtub as we ran out of time
-also we didnt put up a fight for the damage deposit back

-let me also add the landlords came by three times without notice to yell and harass us also harass our friends who were there helping

- it is now Aug 9 and they have continued to harass the other roommate as I have blocked them on my phone
- and now I hear that they plan to come to my work to harass me (i'm the weak one) and in hopes to get me fired or have my boss look bad at me

What would you do?
I'm notify my boss now of this situation and letting them know these "druggies" will say anything to get what they want

What is your opinion on this situation?

Replies

• auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What is is that these people want exactly?
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    What is the landlord harassing you for? Do you owe them money?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    why are they bothering you?
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half!
    Cut the... thing in half...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    call the cops and get a restraining order or something?

what are they bugging you about exactly?

• Nessiechickie
    edited August 2018
    Options
    they are bugging us to move the wood and that we didnt clean up, take the canopy and table away... i guess
    we dont owe them anything

the wood is sold to the neighbor- and swear I cleaned that place so well.
    we leave our damage deposit why do we have to go back and do this?
    otherwise we left the place how we got it
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    they are bugging us to move the wood and that we didnt clean up...

Didn't you sell it? Tell whoever purchased it to go take it off their property.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I would ignore them, and if they make it known to interfere with your work, then I would call the police at that point for harassment. If you don't owe them anything, then why are they bothering you?
  • Nessiechickie
    Options
    I have informed my boss (it is a small business)of the situation they are very understanding as Ive had problems with these landlords in the past multiple times.
  • Nessiechickie
    edited August 2018
    Options
    they are bugging us to move the wood and that we didnt clean up, take the canopy and table away... i guess

If this is what they are making contact for then go to your local clerk of courts office and get what’s called a 50C (civil restraining order).

If you were not refunded your deposit then the argument for not cleaning is a non-issue. That is what the deposit is for. (Unless they are claiming you guys took items that weren’t yours when you left.).

As far as any items that you left behind when you left ie. the 2x4s, those are considered abandoned property by you and the landlord has the right to throw away or sell those items as they see fit after a certain period of time.

thank you
    this is what are mind set is at
    the property we left behind they sell or get rid of we dont want it (nor do we want anything to do with them anymore)
    we left our damage deposit of 450 which is well enough to cover disposal cost
    we didnt take anything from them (barely had time to take all our stuff)

this is very helpful
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

If this is what they are making contact for then go to your local clerk of courts office and get what’s called a 50C (civil restraining order).

If you were not refunded your deposit then the argument for not cleaning is a non-issue. That is what the deposit is for. (Unless they are claiming you guys took items that weren’t yours when you left.).

As far as any items that you left behind when you left ie. the 2x4s, those are considered abandoned property by you and the landlord has the right to throw away or sell those items as they see fit after a certain period of time.

thank you
    the property we left behind they sell or get rid of we dont want it (nor do we want anything to do with them anymore)

this is very helpful

For future reference when someone sells a rental home while still having tenants they have to give you ample time to move. Meaning that potentially if you guys wanted to be an *kitten* about it you could stall the move for as long as one to two months by making the landlord go through the legal process of having you guys officially evicted.

• Nessiechickie
    Options

thank you

this is very helpful

For future reference when someone sells a rental home while still having tenants they have to give you ample time to move. Meaning that potentially if you guys wanted to be an *kitten* about it you could stall the move for as long as one to two months by making the landlord go through the legal process of having you guys officially evicted.

thank you :)
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I would have advised you to go back and clean up what you left, because that would be the right thing to do. But since you forfeited your deposit, I would think that would more than cover the cost of having to dispose of your things. I have a friend whose mother owns some rental houses and it seems that she and the tenets are always at odds, but it is always about rent payments. I assume you made your last payment before you moved?
  • Nessiechickie
    Options
    I would have advised you to go back and clean up what you left, because that would be the right thing to do. But since you forfeited your deposit, I would think that would more than cover the cost of having to dispose of your things. I have a friend whose mother owns some rental houses and it seems that she and the tenets are always at odds, but it is always about rent payments. I assume you made your last payment before you moved?

Tenancy act says if they sell the place we don't have to pay last months rent. We have paid every other rent payments.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Even if she didn't forfeit her deposit, the landlords didn't provide a reasonably legal amount of time for her to move! So that shouldn't be an expectation, regardless!