Brunch recipes

mariluny
mariluny Posts: 428 Member
I'm having my bf's family over on Sunday for brunch and I just got back in the swing of thing with weight loss, tracking my food, etc. and I don't want to go overboard and eat a crazy amount of calories.

Any suggestion of lower calories yet delicious breakfast/brunch food for a small crowd?

Replies

• stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    I like chicken apple sausage, scrambled eggs with spinach and low fat cheese, fruit and yogurt with granola.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'm vegan, so I'd probably do a soy-based quiche or casserole with fresh garden veggies (something like this zucchini breakfast casserole https://holycowvegan.net/vegan-zucchini-breakfast-strata/), really good coffee and tea, and maybe a DIY toast or bagel station with honey, peanut or almond butter, a nice apricot jam, fresh avocado, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced onions, and then perhaps hummus and capers for me, and smoked salmon and cream cheese for the omnivores.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Frittata or oven rosti served with smoked salmon. Or a fruit clafoutis if you prefer something sweet.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    I love little mini egg cups. Use a muffin tin and fill with ingredients like bacon, cheese, ham, onions, peppers, ect. then fill the cups with egg whites. Bake until firm. Like quiche but it's easy to control your ingredients and portion sizes. Some recipes call for potatoes as a crust, but I like them better without - plus it helps save some calories!