Encourage me and tell me this happens! PLEASE

Options
Ive been doing turbo fire and pushing myself, Im on the second week. Yesterday i did a core workout and it was killer, however today I was unable to push myself any further and only did 25mins out of the 45mins I needed to do... I just couldnt do it anymore.
I feel awful now however...so somebody tell me its OK and somethng this happens!

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Bad days and bad workout happen, just don't make it a pattern and it's no big deal.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    You are not going to be on everyday. At least you did the 25 mins. I am still trying level 1 of the 30DS. Once I have all the moves downa and feel comfortable I will move on to level 2 and treat it the same. too much at one time is not good either.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    HEY, at least you DID WORK OUT!!!!! Good for you. Your muscles are probably pretty sore. I've had the same thing happen to me. Don't get discouraged, you're doing well. Keep up the good work!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes! I had a hard time with the first month of Turbo Fire. I took a lot of extra rest days, switched the 30min out for the 55 once, and just didn't finish I think twice. Looking back, I should have probably started with the "Prep schedule".
  • rc12345
    rc12345 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it is normal. Your body is still trying to adjust to the changes and it gets tired. :) That is why it is called conditioning. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself that by just "showing up" you are still moving forward (by this I mean giving it whatever you have for the day). Good job for giving it your best shot!
  • dlovesjimma
    dlovesjimma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It definitely happens. I did p90x for 90 days, then moved to Turbo Fire, definitely have had day's were I couldn't do the entire workout in one session, but then I would feel guilty and go back and finish it a couple of hours later.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone!! I am attempting to do a 5k in the fall and I try and do it 2 times on the treadmill and once out side a week. Sunday I was able to run it outside in 50 minutes. Today, I jumped on the treadmill and ended up walking the last half a mile because I just couldn't do. And let me tell you, you need to listen to your body too. If its saying, don't, don't. But trust, bad workouts are not anything new. Just jump back tomorrow and rock it!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just took a peek at your food diary and it seems that on a regular basis you tend to undereat your calories and end up under 1000 most days. this could be contributing to a lack of energy and drive to get things done! Please remember that we need to fuel our bodies with enough healthy calories. 1200 seems to be a number (that unless you are very tiny) that experts can agree on because it is the minimum amount of food to get nutrients as well as fuel. I believe that 1300-1400 is more like it!

Think of it this way (go to your TOOLS page and double check your BMR), your BMR is the least amount of calories that you should ever eat, whether you are skinny or obese! To go below that is just unhealthy for you. ( And, yes, eat back those exercise calories too, you need them!

And, the good news is,you can still lose weight happily with an appropriate deficit of just 250 to 500 a day (which would be 1/2 to 1 pound per week)

Honestly, you sound tired and lack luster and I am thinking it is a "fuel" issue.

Best of Luck!
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that at all. Just like everything else, there are good days and bad. You can only do what you can do. Be proud of yourself for the time you put in today. Tomorrow is a new day opportunities (and challenges). If this were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Keep up the great work!
  • macylane4
    macylane4 Posts: 224
    Options
    Ok...what is turbo fire?!? And the day isn't over...finish out the rest of your 20 minutes at a different time! They say on my fiance work out site to split the things up....it is actually better for your body, and keeps it always working that much harder!!! Is finishing it an option?!? If it is you can finish what you started! If not work out for 20 minutes with something else! Dont look at it as a failure...look at it as a break!!!!
    GOOD LUCK!
    KEEP ME UPDATED and tell me what this turbo fire is!!!!!!
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    25 minutes is better than 0 minutes, especially when it's TurboFire. Chalene says in one of the videos something to the effect "if you master it on the first try, how boring. " Tomorrow is another day. Forgive yourself and move on.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just took a peek at your food diary and it seems that on a regular basis you tend to undereat your calories and end up under 1000 most days. this could be contributing to a lack of energy and drive to get things done! Please remember that we need to fuel our bodies with enough healthy calories. 1200 seems to be a number (that unless you are very tiny) that experts can agree on because it is the minimum amount of food to get nutrients as well as fuel. I believe that 1300-1400 is more like it!

Think of it this way (go to your TOOLS page and double check your BMR), your BMR is the least amount of calories that you should ever eat, whether you are skinny or obese! To go below that is just unhealthy for you. ( And, yes, eat back those exercise calories too, you need them!

And, the good news is,you can still lose weight happily with an appropriate deficit of just 250 to 500 a day (which would be 1/2 to 1 pound per week)

Honestly, you sound tired and lack luster and I am thinking it is a "fuel" issue.

Best of Luck!

I know my intake is lower most of the time...honestly I am not that hungry to be eating that much. I know I used to consume like 3000 or more calories a day but that was all junk and fast foods. Now Im eating healthy it seems like Im having to eat all the time and I am just not hungry! Like now I know i should go eat lunch but Im not hungry!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    "I know my intake is lower most of the time...honestly I am not that hungry to be eating that much. I know I used to consume like 3000 or more calories a day but that was all junk and fast foods. Now Im eating healthy it seems like Im having to eat all the time and I am just not hungry! Like now I know i should go eat lunch but Im not hungry!"
    [/quote]

I know what you mean! for almost ALL of us, we've struggled with the "i'll eat when I'm hungry" vs. the "I eat too much" vs." I eat for emotional reasons" scenarios.

Any of us who have either underfed OR overfed ourselves, have to retrain our minds to feel legitimate hunger signals and in the beginning it is tricky - the mind fights it and makes up reasons to eat (or starve) irregardless of true hunger! This takes making a little structure to our eating habits and is a good thing! And, there is so much good knowledge about nutrtion to learn from. We are all here because we need to learn something new for our health and fitness, you are not alone!

:smile:
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options

Best of Luck!

I know my intake is lower most of the time...honestly I am not that hungry to be eating that much. I know I used to consume like 3000 or more calories a day but that was all junk and fast foods. Now Im eating healthy it seems like Im having to eat all the time and I am just not hungry! Like now I know i should go eat lunch but Im not hungry!

You really need to try and meet your caloric needs especially when doing Turbo Fire or any other intense workout program. I tend to eat alot of nuts when I'm not that hungry. With nuts, you don't have to eat much to consume alot of calories. They're also full of healthy fats and protein.

We all have bad days. You listened to your body and that's a good thing. If you feel up to it, finish it later. If not, don't worry about it. Don't get discouraged. Atleast you did something.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happens to me here and there, so it's normal. Some days you're just "off." Some days physically, some days emotionally. Yesterday was an "emotional off day" for me. I got halfway through my workout and my stress/emotion cloud just parked itself over my head and wiped out my energy mid-workout. Talk about frustrating. I had my "yeah, I'm over it" moment and I stopped my workout halfway. Just remember, ANY workout, no matter how short...is better than NO workout. :) If your body is telling you "nope, you're not going to finish this today" take it easy and don't feel bad. Just don't make a pattern of it...and don't confuse your BODY telling you it's giving out with your MIND telling you it's giving out. :)