New to the game.

Options
k4200
k4200 Posts: 15 Member
I have had a great start. I’m down about 24 lbs. but stalled out. super frustrating . I am hitting gym hard and dieting so I feel the scale may be deceiving me.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you start losing weight? When did you start the gym? How many calories are you eating?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you expecting too much too soon, doing too much and going too hard? What's your height and weight and average calorie intake? How long have you been eating less, and how long have you not seen a drop on the scale?
  • isabel_gets_healthy_25
    Options
    I feel ya! Super frustrating :s

How long have you been in your plateau? If it's only been a week or two then I wouldn't change anything up just yet. Be patient, keep doing what you're doing and wait to see if the scale catches up with you.

If it's been longer than a few weeks then maybe it's time to switch things up.

Not necessarily your calorie intake, although I would definitely recommend using a TDEE calculator to work out your maintenance and deficit calories - if you've lost weight and not re-adjusted your calorie goal then it may be that you're now consuming your maintenance calories.

If you're already in a deficit then I'd recommend looking at what you're eating / doing and maybe think about trying some different exercises or some different meals.

I hope this was helpful and that you get out of your plateau soon and stop feeling as frustrated! :smile:
  • k4200
    k4200 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the comments so quickly... super funny thing, stepped on scale today dropped another 2 lbs. started couch 2 5k over and busted out 1.5 in 7min mile pace. Fastest since I was like 16 years old. I’m in my late 30s 6’2 about 240. Great day!!!