Cals

Options
Sometimes is so hard trying to get in calories lol
Like after having a heavy breakfast I don’t feel like eating anything for a long time. I might occasionally nibble on some fruits and even then I still have 400 cals to spare :/

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fat, especially in the context of an appropriate overall calorie intake.

You didn't really ask a question, so I'm not sure if you're looking for any specific advice, but...
    Try having a smaller breakfast/meal.
    Nibble on calorie-dense foods.
    Replace some lower fat "diet" foods with higher fat/calorie options (fat free dairy for full fat, for example).

Assuming you are on MFP to lose weight... you clearly know how to eat enough. You've just swung the pendulum too far the in the opposite direction. Find the happy medium.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Fat is a necessary nutrient and it doesn't make you fat unless it is causing you to eat more than your daily calorie goal.

So. Add some fats. Your brain and skin and hair will thank you.

I am always over on fats - above my 30% goal. I am at a healthy weight and have been for over a decade eating this way. Usually I'm under on carbs. I like eating this way and I feel good.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You might find some ideas here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Pages 1-3 are sort of general thoughts, pages 4-5 are recipes, pages 5-7 are pictures of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson posing in front of food, and pages 7-10 are more recipes and links to meal plans where I can find them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You might find some ideas here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Pages 1-3 are sort of general thoughts, pages 4-5 are recipes, pages 5-7 are pictures of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson posing in front of food, and pages 7-10 are more recipes and links to meal plans where I can find them.

Heads off to pages 5-7...

Me too :laugh:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    FlVF wrote: »
    True, but then again I don’t want my fat % to be over the roof lol

Could you give us some more details then about which macros you're interested in boosting and what kind of meals or snacks you're looking for. If you want to keep your fats lower (and I agree with others that may not be the best plan unless you have specific reasons for it) then you're looking at either high protein or high carb ideas. People are satiated by different things, so one or the other of those may exacerbate the appetite issue. Having more details here might be better if you want specific ideas, otherwise I defer back to my generic list above^^
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to gain weight? You just have to force yourself a bit. But you can eat whatever you want. Fat is good for you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options

Yeh, of course, me too....but @diannethegeek - why the Rock obsession? (Not reading the whole calorie-dense thread, sorry not sorry.)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Yeh, of course, me too....but @diannethegeek - why the Rock obsession? (Not reading the whole calorie-dense thread, sorry not sorry.)

1. he's a very pretty man.
    2. he posts a lot of pictures of his cheat day meals so it just sort of happened while I was looking for pictures to bump the thread with
    3. did I mention he's pretty?

He is, isn't he?!

Younger me wouldn't have thought so.
    Younger me was a fool :lol:
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    When does "Ballers" start? :smiley:
  • sam_juggins
    sam_juggins Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    When does "Ballers" start? :smiley:

I know its early 06:53 here but the word ballers has given me so many dirty thoughts (I thank you for that) and I have no idea what it is :D:D