Do you ever want to punch someone??

Options
So I was just out on my walk during my lunch break and some jerk (this isn't the name I would use) had to call to me "Hey fat chick!" :mad: I keep walking of course because his behavior doesn't deserve any amount of attention. But WHY DO PEOPLE ACT LIKE THAT???? So 2 things happened as a result of this stupid comment. He made me feel like a piece of dirt for one. But he also made me decide that I WILL NOT LET PEOPLE LIKE HIM RUIN ME! I know that I am responsible for what I put in my mouth but do people realize how hurtful they can be? How their comments can destroy someone's motivation if they are not strong enough at that moment. Really wouldn't it be nice if everyone could give it back to a person who makes comments like that? I did let the comment bother me initially but in the end I called out to myself (not literally) and said "Way to go-you go girl!":smile:

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It's a$sturds like that that got me to take up boxing...not only do I get a great burn, but I DO get to punch people now!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Just shout back 'hiya limp d ick' give him your brightest smile & keep on walkin' (say it LOUD)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    ugh, people like that are a$$hats and deserve to be punched, but you did the right thing by not letting it get to you or allowing him to steal your motivation. Kudos to you!!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Next time: "You know what, I may be fat but you're an *kitten*. Difference? I can lose weight."
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I would have b*tch slapped him ~ but that's just me.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i agree people are just down right cruel. as for punchin someone, when i feel like that i go on my wii and play boxing to let the steam off and picture the person face on there. lol and get to burn calories and let my steam off at the same time. good for u for keepin ur head high and not letting get to u nice will power u keep it strong girl and u will suceed in all u want. :~)
    add me as a friend i like ur attitude.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    People act like that because they are such losers that the only way they can make themselves feel good is by cutting others down.

Just based on that, I'd say you're a better person than whoever that jerk was. Don't listen to him. And keep in mind that physical appearance doesn't dictate whether you are a good, wonderful, beautiful human being.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yell back "I'm fixing my fat - you can't fix your ugly!"
  • danamfinn
    Options
    Just tell them you can get skinny, but they will always be ugly! haha, no I'm kidding. It is *kitten* like the one you mentioned that make us keep going! During your next workout, think of that jerk and it will push you even further!
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    Some people have to make you feel bad for them to feel good.....THEY are the insecure ones. You are a better person than that....ignoring them is the right thing to do.....they get no fuel for the fire that way
  • Wwright40
    Options
    People act like that because they've never really experienced someone treating another person the way they're supposed to be treated. Poor home trainin'. Good for you for recognizing the situation and not allowing it to impact your progress. At least you were out there walking! His comments can never be legitimized, but they can prove to have an impact only if YOU allow it. Be strong and God bless!
  • danamfinn
    Options
    Yell back "I'm fixing my fat - you can't fix your ugly!"

haha, great minds think alike, I just said this! You beat me though!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just shout back 'hiya limp d ick' give him your brightest smile & keep on walkin' (say it LOUD)

Or say "small" d!ck even...oh that really hurts their ego. :laugh:

What a jerk though...I've heard those stupid little comments and even when people thought I wasn't around I could hear "oh she got really big". Just keep your head up and stay strong...You CAN do this :flowerforyou:
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I think I would have called him out on it. Then again, I stopped taking crap like that off people a lonnnng time ago, so I am pretty ballsy now. (a bit TOO much at times)
    But...sometimes you just don't mess with an angry fat chick. We have a lifetime of pent up anger. It's almost like a death wish. LOL

Shake it off, and just remember...he probably goes home to no one. Not a jerk like that.
  • racoomer
    racoomer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's a$sturds like that that got me to take up boxing...not only do I get a great burn, but I DO get to punch people now!

I am with you on that. i was working with a trainer at the time and one day i was like "can we just do some punching today? " I felt a ton better.

As for the jerk who yelled at you: He is nothing. By not resonding to him was i think the best thing to do. by ignoreing him you win he loses. a reaction was what he wanted from you and you didn't give him the satisfation. Go YOU !
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think it is really sad and horrilbe that a person would do this. I can only think that this guy must be a really miserable and unhappy person. i am not trying to take away from your pain at all and I am so sorry that this dumby did this. But when I ask myself, what kind of person would do this?

The only answer I can come up with is a sad and miserable and probably lonely person with no real depth or capacity of love or self respect.

So glad you were able to pick yourself up and not let the persons comments bother you. We have no control over what others say or do but complete control over how we respond or react. Kept up the fight and moving forward.

Hugs and Peace
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I would have b*tch slapped him ~ but that's just me.

Awesome. =)
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    They got to boost thier low self-esteem.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Next time: "You know what, I may be fat but you're an *kitten*. Difference? I can lose weight."

Love this!

And yes, I have had a few instances where I want to punch people in the neck because something lame fell out of their huge trap. Good for you not needing bail money, woohoo!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    A similar thing happened to me the other day...I don't know what's gotten into me but I was about 2 seconds away from saying something but they drove away. I was at the gas station after a 6 mile run and some guys were like "d*** shes looking a little rough"
    I turned around and was about to say "i just ran 6 miles so yeah i look rough. whats your excuse" but they left.

i find that its a lot easier to be a b**** back than let it get to me. i know youre supposed to be nice to people who are mean to you but some people (like the ones we're talking about) don't deserve that lol. remember that YOU ARE AWESOME. and no one can say anything to change that. next time someone says something tell them to f*** off.

keep your head up girl!