Sweet fix

Options
Hi finding it hard to keep away from ice cream , carbs and sweet things .
I keep a diary of everything and am loosing weight . And I use s lot of will power . Any ideas how to overcome the pangs ? Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You already are, aren't you?
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The very hard way is to cut all sugar, it will take a few weeks to get over the cravings. Recently diagnosed diabetic, I have had to cut sugar and just have sugarless or low sugar treats.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If you are staying within your calories and losing weight, I don't see a problem. Fitting in a treat everyday helps make the process easier. Just keep it to a serving.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    A few weeks taking the supplement Chromiun Picolinate helped me get control of my sweet tooth. It knocks out the sugar craving for many folks. After a few weeks of not wanting something sweet after a meal, my habit was gone and I quit taking it. I still drink diet soda and chew gum and eat fresh fruit for sweetness.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I eat sweet things every day. Sometimes ice cream, or a piece of chocolate, or maybe some cereal and milk as a snack. As long as it doesn't put me over my calorie goal, and doesn't crowd out nutritious food, it doesn't concern me.

I also find when I'm craving sweets but I don't have the calories to spare, a diet soda or some mint green tea will hit the spot. :drinker:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Keep it away from you instead. You get no extra points for unnecessary exposing yourself to temptation. Schedule treats, for instance one item per week.

Oh, and stop demonizing foods, food groups and nutrients. It's so hot to bash "carbs" right now, but it really does you no favor, it just makes you feel scared, helpless and out of control.
  • bsedzro3
    bsedzro3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes kimny72 is right on point.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar 2 tbsp in cup of water after eating your meals morning and evenings