124»

Replies

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    Candyspun wrote: »
    I'm 5'1, and while every kilo we gain is more noticeable, it goes both ways. When I lose even the tiniest bit of weight, it's quickly noticeable.

This is so interesting, I actually thought that because I am short I look smaller than I am. Like, yes a taller person at my current weight would look smaller, but they ARE, like in terms of BMI. But a shorter person at a higher BMI looks smaller/is less heavy on the scale than a tall person. Like I was in the second class of obesity and on the cusp of plus/regular sizes. I shopped the first couple sizes in plus size stores, but many regular sized stores had my size in XL or XXL.

We can fit into 'regular' clothes at higher weights, but proportionally that XL on us is every bit as large as plus sizes on someone taller. Seems like taller people can carry some extra weight a little easier. I feel like Humpty Dumpty even in a regular XL. It's just not a good size for my stature. I'm not short and cute when overweight. Just short :lol:

Maybe I was just blessed in cuteness but I didn't really mind the XL, I only noticed looking uncomfortably round when I hit XXL/size 18. lmao. That's when the back boobs were hitting each other when I stretched, it was soooo unpleasant. Now that I'm in L I keep thinking I look not skinny, but small. I wonder if being so large for so long has warped my vision? Maybe it's just giant boobs. They went down a 1/2 cup size and I'm so annoyed lol. Now I'm in between a G and an H, and I have bras in both. The G's are spilling over just a bit, and the H's have a little lip over my boob. Maybe my weight will come off in my boobs more and I'll settle into a G. But then I'll need to find someone to give the H's to. I don't know anyone else at a 38H, and even though they're still in great shape I don't think people buy second hand undergarments. (I bought bras yesterday and they were cute but the in-between size is bugging me lol).
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Candyspun wrote: »
    I'm 5'1, and while every kilo we gain is more noticeable, it goes both ways. When I lose even the tiniest bit of weight, it's quickly noticeable.

This is so interesting, I actually thought that because I am short I look smaller than I am. Like, yes a taller person at my current weight would look smaller, but they ARE, like in terms of BMI. But a shorter person at a higher BMI looks smaller/is less heavy on the scale than a tall person. Like I was in the second class of obesity and on the cusp of plus/regular sizes. I shopped the first couple sizes in plus size stores, but many regular sized stores had my size in XL or XXL.

We can fit into 'regular' clothes at higher weights, but proportionally that XL on us is every bit as large as plus sizes on someone taller. Seems like taller people can carry some extra weight a little easier. I feel like Humpty Dumpty even in a regular XL. It's just not a good size for my stature. I'm not short and cute when overweight. Just short :lol:

Maybe I was just blessed in cuteness but I didn't really mind the XL, I only noticed looking uncomfortably round when I hit XXL/size 18. lmao. That's when the back boobs were hitting each other when I stretched, it was soooo unpleasant. Now that I'm in L I keep thinking I look not skinny, but small. I wonder if being so large for so long has warped my vision? Maybe it's just giant boobs. They went down a 1/2 cup size and I'm so annoyed lol. Now I'm in between a G and an H, and I have bras in both. The G's are spilling over just a bit, and the H's have a little lip over my boob. Maybe my weight will come off in my boobs more and I'll settle into a G. But then I'll need to find someone to give the H's to. I don't know anyone else at a 38H, and even though they're still in great shape I don't think people buy second hand undergarments. (I bought bras yesterday and they were cute but the in-between size is bugging me lol).

Get used to it. I have a drawer of bras now, in sizes 34H, 32JJ (N), 32J (M), 32H, 30HH. I'm now a 30H/28HH. Most 28s do not come in HH though. I just got the 30HH a couple months ago and now they are too big.
  • lottieouroboros
    lottieouroboros Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to be on 1,200 calories but I found it incredibly difficult to stick to it – I've since raised my goal to 1,500 and I've lost nearly 4lbs in a couple of weeks, but most importantly I don't feel hungry all the time or get the urge to binge. I'm 5"3 and 147lbs (started at 151) for reference.