Looking for Supportive Friends - 20 lbs to lose

Options
This is Round 2 for me. Back in early 2013 I reached my goal weight. And then I gained it back. So here I am again, ready to start again and keep it off this time. My stats now are 5' 7" and 159 lbs. My goal range is 135-140. I'd love to meet more friends who want to help hold each other accountable and provide encouragement. Any size, any age, I'd love to have some positive friends who are active on the site. :) My before/after pic from last time is second on my profile. I want to get back there!

Replies

• Fammy04
    Fammy04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds just like my story. I was 2 pounds away from my goal weight a few years ago, then stress, anxiety, and life hit hard and I gained 30 pounds. Working on losing it again. Feel free to add me as a friend. ☺️ I'm on every day.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story from 2015. When one slips, coming back and getting on board is always the most important part.
  • stephj1216
    stephj1216 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Join the club! Many of us have gone through this, myself included (MULTIPLE times). In fact, I'm on this journey again. So far I've been able to lose 15 pounds and have a goal set for a total of 70 pounds. I love this site for the simple fact of everyone is so motivating. I'm on every day as well!
  • joe_hikeny
    joe_hikeny Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes. 2013 I was at my biggest ever 5'6 184 and I got down to 157lbs 7 lbs from my goal. I was always 155lbs and then I gained a ton of weight and had it on for 2 years. people seemed to only know me as heavy and when I lost it people were actually telling me I was too skinny. I wasn't 140 would be skinny. 150 is decent and respectable. I started slipping and held strong at 160 to 164 for awhile. and boom 174lbs. soooo.. my wife and I are doing it together which helps and I'm at 170.6lbs and looking for more motivation. 20lbs is the goal... 💪
  • ilhammamaher
    ilhammamaher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello....this will be round 4 for me... 3 rounds and different approaches... but never maintain the perfect weight due to work pressure mainly!
    I am 22 lbs above and would like to join the supporting ride together
  • JulesBooth
    JulesBooth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Need an extra push to carry on losing.
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I log my food daily. Have been struggling with losing the last 15 pounds for about two years.
  • Steelersfangirl
    Steelersfangirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been a weight hopper many times, before I joined the army I was 200 lbs I'm 5'9" I lost alot of weight got to 145 and then got out of the army and jumped to 175, I did p90x and lost tons of weight I made it to my goal of 135 then fell into the I can eat anything mode and I got up to 199 1 month to date and I have now managed to get to 185. Still lots of work.
  • carlyhopkins24
    carlyhopkins24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve dieted, lost weight, stopped dieting, gained weight and repeat. I’m looking to lose 15-20 lbs, fee free to add me as a friend! I would appreciate some support/accountability and I can do the same for you.
  • mkaypaige
    mkaypaige Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I keep falling off the wagon, seems like I'm not the only one though so that makes me feel better.
    I am starting back today, would like to lose 20-25 #s.
    I would love for people to add me and help motivate and keep me on track and I will do that same for you!
    I don't know about you guys, but I almost always do better when I know someone is relying on me to keep them motivated, because I don't want to let them down, so I work harder too!
  • Bel7024
    Bel7024 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I’ve lost 23kg this year. However I’ve just got back from holiday and am sure I’ve put 10kg back on! Trying to motivate myself to go to the gym and weigh myself today so I can get to my target weight. Always in need of motivation from others and will try my best to support you too 💪🏼
  • ccervantes90
    ccervantes90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! Second round here. Four years ago I was all about fitness with 130lbs, then at my worst weight ever 189lbs.
    It's hard to go back to a healthy weight but not imposible, I am now at 160lbs...30lbs to go.
    We can do this ☺
  • Axe152017
    Axe152017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm having trouble losing weight now that I am in my mid 30s. 5'6 155lbs and goal is between 135 to 140. Last year I was at 140 and went up to 161. I have only lost 5 lbs since I started in December but I am losing more inches. I want to lose more weight.

Any recommendations???
  • sherwatsiery
    sherwatsiery Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m new here , need to eat 1200 calories per day or under and feel full , any advice please ??
  • Shimy777
    Shimy777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here 😭
    But I believe I can do it again
  • ashleyih
    ashleyih Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You have exactly my same story!!! Even the same goal weight!!
    Please add me-love to hold each other accountable!!
    Just started back yesterday!
  • mara9999
    mara9999 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m new here , need to eat 1200 calories per day or under and feel full , any advice please ??

I think the first few days of getting back on track are the hardest, but once our bodies adjust to smaller meals and specific meal and snack times, the hunger eases. At least in my experience, that's how it happened. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I share my diary with friends, so we can compare meals and get good ideas from each other.
  • mara9999
    Options
    ashleyih wrote: »
    You have exactly my same story!!! Even the same goal weight!!
    Please add me-love to hold each other accountable!!
    Just started back yesterday!

Hi Ashley! I sent you a request. Would love to have a friend with similar goals as me!
  • mara9999
    Options
    Axe152017 wrote: »
    Same here. I'm having trouble losing weight now that I am in my mid 30s. 5'6 155lbs and goal is between 135 to 140. Last year I was at 140 and went up to 161. I have only lost 5 lbs since I started in December but I am losing more inches. I want to lose more weight.

Any recommendations???

What worked for me last time, and what I am trying again is to keep my calories to 1200 per day and exercise lightly daily. I eat low sugar and low carb in an effort to reduce my blood sugar (pre-diabetic). I'm eating nearly the same kinds of food as I did last time I lost all the weight, and it's going well so far! Feel free to friend me if you want to help support each other. I share my diary with friends.
  • meepmya
    meepmya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    👍🏾