Do you ever want to punch someone??

Options

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Maybe what he really said was "Hey FAST chick!" because you were moving like the wind. That's what I think. You just misheard him.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it (because as adults we are responsible for our own actions), but when I hear and see these kind of people i have to ask myself who raised these people? People are not born this way, they develop this way through parenting and social norms. It is people like that who I feared and thus would avoid doing things I loved, that would have kept me active, and avoid me from getting fat. I didn't want to embarrass myself, so I never put myself out there.

But, you should be very proud of yourself because you are out there doing something good for yourself. It is when you stop, that you victimize yourself, and give those type of people power. i'm proud of you! Way to go girl!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeah! Its a girl at work I would love to backhand her, but I cant hit a woman!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't believe sometimes that there are still such sick, cruel people in the world. It reminds me of this woman I met when we were recently away. We were playing a game at the resort, and the girl who won was annoying, trying to give multiple answers to questions, etc. Anyway, the woman was watching the game, and came up to me after and said she saw me playing, and mentioned the girl who won being a pain in the *kitten*. I agreed, and then she said, "I was like, 'stupid n#g#er.'" I was totally floored that people like this still exist. I gave her the cold shoulder after that. Anyway, good for you for not letting it get you down. People like that suck, and are truly unhappy inside. That is its own revenge.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    At least once a day....
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    People like that just have no respect for others and I'm sure you aren't the only person he felt the need to put down (to make himself feel good).

I can't even imagine talking to anyone like that...I'm sorry that happened to you but good for you for just ignoring it and moving along.

:flowerforyou:
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    man if i had euro for everytime i got a comment like that.....

'you can keep joggin but u'll still be a fat ugly c*nt' - coutesy of 2 alcoholics drinkin in th park

'you'll b lovely and slim soon love' - a well meaning granny at a bus stop as i ran by

and my personal favourite.....'that'll tighten ur gee (dublin speak for where babies come from..) love' from a drunk old man as i ran by the local maternity hospital!!

by th way i only weigh 118 and i'm 5foot! i'm not even big!!!! hahaha!
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    He was probably compensating for his lack of having a life.

I often wonder where these people come from. Since when is it other peoples job to feel that they need to police everyone else?
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    I would have b*tch slapped him ~ but that's just me.

Me too!! Especially if it was that TOM!! I don't get why people have to be ugly like that but there you go. Just be grateful you are not married to him :>)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!
    Don't let one *kitten* get you down!
    Besides, if you are out moving and on MFP as a way of becoming healthier. It is for you and your family. Not some ignoramus who has much to learn about respect & dignity.

Rock on!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I would have burned some rage calories by nut punching him.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    People act like that because they are such losers that the only way they can make themselves feel good is by cutting others down.

Just based on that, I'd say you're a better person than whoever that jerk was. Don't listen to him. And keep in mind that physical appearance doesn't dictate whether you are a good, wonderful, beautiful human being.

this is most definitely right^
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What city do you live in? You should go online and see if they have a Hollaback! campaign going there. I live in Des Moines and we just started one. It's a campaign to end street harassment. It might not solve all of the problems, but it's nice to meet and talk with other people about your experiences and come up with ways to handle it when it does occur. As everyone else has said, clearly you were just there when this person needed a boost, and the only way they knew how to do that was to bring you down.
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    Just shout back 'hiya limp d ick' give him your brightest smile & keep on walkin' (say it LOUD)

lmao!..

some people are just born ignorant i would just keep it moving and do you..
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yell back "I'm fixing my fat - you can't fix your ugly!"

that is good i will remember that one :~P
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't see how he benefits from insulting you. He must have some deep insecurities and likes to tease others to feel better about his miserable self. Good you for not feeding his behaviour!
  • jenlob
    jenlob Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like your way of thinking! :happy:
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I would have b*tch slapped him ~ but that's just me.

ME TOO! and yes I work with the devil everyday and want to punch right in the mouth everytime she opens it! She had gastric bypass 3 years ago and along with losing the weight she loss the fact that without the surgery she would still be overweight. She has many issues but her mouth and her attitude are the worse. She thinks she is the boss, which she isn't. and she thinks she is the only one that knows how to do our job even though we started in the position at the exact same time!!!!! thanks for letting me vent!!!!!!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I would have burned some rage calories by nut punching him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    love it!!!!!!
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just shout back 'hiya limp d ick' give him your brightest smile & keep on walkin' (say it LOUD)

Hahahaha I love it!