21 day 10k challenge

Hello to all in the fitness and nutrition community. Great to be apart of your world! The reason I have decided to join and post my challenge is because I need to hold myself accountable for my mind and goals. We (I) always become relaxed and content once a goal has been reached or achieved. Unfortunately, this has a rebound effect on my results. July of 2017 I left my general health and fitness get to its lowest point I do believe ever in my life. Although, I have been heavier, I do not believe I have been as soft and out of condition as this point of my life. So I decide to change. I began the Ketogenic Diet and for 1 year I focused and made amazing changes. This of coarse did not get accomplished from the diet alone but it played a major role in my results. As seen in the pre/post photo

f5yrtqjk3vqm.jpeg

Now here it is 5 weeks past the 1 year transformation date and I am now 13 pounds heavier. I mentally have been blaming it on the 30 day vacation I have been on. 1 week spent in Germany and the past 2 weeks at home with the wife lounging and making excuses not to work out. I allowed my environment to get the best of me. So, here I am today.
4y6vcs3b9xy0.jpeg
186 and my goal is 168
For the next 21 days I will run a 10k (6.2 Miles) regardless of the weather or plans. I will consume no more than 1500 calories a day with less than 50g by way of Carbs.
My wife has a surprise birthday weekend for me on my 48th birthday August 26th and I will be ready for the event!
So, if you think what I am doing is crazy, good! That means I have truly pick a challenge then! Day one: done!
Cheer me on my friends or join me! 🤪

Replies

• babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Great transformation and good luck!!
  • CogentHMS
    CogentHMS Posts: 24 Member
    Thx

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    You are doing great on this. I will join you on the challenge in that I am trying to do 10,000 steps or about 5 miles per day for me- Of course I will walk or lightly jog- Let's do this!!!
  • CogentHMS
    debtay123 wrote: »
    You are doing great on this. I will join you on the challenge in that I am trying to do 10,000 steps or about 5 miles per day for me- Of course I will walk or lightly jog- Let's do this!!!

Let’s go!!!! Mind over matter
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Ok - I'll be watching and cheering you on! You've done a great job transforming your body (even with the temporary weight increase) - and it'll be interesting to see what changes the next 3 weeks hold.
  • CogentHMS
    Ok - I'll be watching and cheering you on! You've done a great job transforming your body (even with the temporary weight increase) - and it'll be interesting to see what changes the next 3 weeks hold.

Big results!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    So, should be 60km in by now. How is it going?
  • stacimarie1015
    stacimarie1015 Posts: 30 Member
    Wondering why the low daily calorie goal? May not be safe to eat THAT low while being THAT active.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I'll commit to running 25 minutes a day and eating no more than 2000 calories. I'm hoping to reach my goal of 140 in the next 6 weeks.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I think you are right in thinking you need to increase your calories. Just from running the 10k, you will be burning over 600 calories. So right there you are already at 900 net calories for the day. And you want to lift too? Sounds like a bad idea.