When you’re low....

Options
HoneyBeez94
HoneyBeez94 Posts: 46 Member
Hey, i’m not having a great time right now in my life.... I wanted to ask what you guys do when you feel low, how do you bring yourself out of it? I’m always told “there’s someone in the world worse off than you” but to be honest it doesn’t help me see the positive in my situation. It only makes me feel more guilty.
Thanks

Replies

• HoneyBeez94
    HoneyBeez94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well if it's a situation that's fixable by me, then I fix it but mine's being single! I've done everything reasonably plausible to find someone that I'd be compatible with, to no avail! So I occupy any healthy time now {I am, severely disabled}, enjoying my weight riddance process & rearranging/cleaning, my apartment!

Thank you for taking the time to reply, i’m single and disabled too. It really hit home and it’s nice to hear from someone who is in a similar circumstance to me <3
  • SummerTwentyOne
    SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I listen to Nina Simone’s “I got life”. The song is basically a message to say that No matter what material situations or what is thrown at you, it reminds you that your body, soul and your freedom are the only things that is YOURS and no one can take away from you and that you should be thankful that your alive on this planet.
    💖
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well if it's a situation that's fixable by me, then I fix it but mine's being single! I've done everything reasonably plausible to find someone that I'd be compatible with, to no avail! So I occupy any healthy time now {I am, severely disabled}, enjoying my weight riddance process & rearranging/cleaning, my apartment!

Thank you for taking the time to reply, i’m single and disabled too. It really hit home and it’s nice to hear from someone who is in a similar circumstance to me <3

I am very sorry, for your circumstance! You're very much welcome! <3
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Focus on doing things that make you happy. Take care of yourself.

I went through a very traumatic event recently where I could have died. I refuse to wallow around though. For me, it was spending time outdoors in nature, time with family and friends, and retail therapy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I tend to clean and organize when I am stressed out or sad and can't do anything else. I think seeing the results make me feel a bit better and being busy with something is more helpful than sitting and thinking.
    Listening to music or singing can be helpful.
    Sometimes exercise helps. Sometimes exercise makes me angry though. Usually walking is fine.
    Talking to someone about my feelings. Getting it out of my head can help me feel better.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Make progress on something. Move forward towards a goal.

If people are really, really low, even something as simple as taking a shower and putting on nice clothes make a huge difference. Several people mentioned cleaning. It's all the same thing - making something in your life better.

It's weird how simple things like that can brighten your day.

And I second being grateful. Prayer is also very, very, very helpful if you are so inclined.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    When I feel a depressive episode coming on I force myself out of bed. I tell myself “mope all you want, but GET OUT OF THE BED!” There’s something about staying in bed that exacerbates my anxiety and depression. Even if I just go and sit at my computer desk I feel better and then I usually get motivated to do some chores or go walking.