Breastfeeding mom & engaged!

Options
I’m 4 months pp and 10 months away from my wedding! I have to lose this baby weight to fit into a nice wedding dress. I breastfeed exclusively and need help! How do you lose weight and still maintain a good supply of milk?

Replies

• sramgirl
    sramgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations and good on you for nurturing your baby. I exclusively breastfeed as well. The recommendations I've read from La Leche and Kelly Moms say that 1lb a week in weight lose will allow us to maintain our milk supply and between 1500-1800 calories at minimum a day. Luckily, breastfeeding exclusively accounts for at least a 500 calorie deduction a day to aid in weight loss. I make sure to account for that in order to consume enough calories. I enter this under my snack section by entering breastfeeding in the food search. I do 30min elliptical plus full body weight training 15min - 3 times a week. I run/ walk for 25min - 2 times a week. I'm nearly 80 days in and have lost 15lbs. You could possibly drop 40lbs in 10 months. Are you cleared to workout yet?
  • GreatNeckVBMom
    GreatNeckVBMom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I don’t know, but good luck!