Exercise Videos for Introverts

Options
mjrc2
mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
I looked for a thread about this. There isn't one, so I am making one. I cannot stand the yelling, peppy and hyped up personalities in most exercise videos. And the cheerleaders. That woman Jillian Michaels, nope. PX90-too much yelling!!!There are good yoga videos, but I am looking for body weight exercises, cardio, Pilates, dumbbell work, whatever. I guess what I am looking for are boring videos? The way I see it, its first thing in the morning, I just want to quietly do the work, and get on with things. I am my own motivator, I just need the calm, not obnoxious guy/gal to tell me what to do.
Id rather just buy the videos than subscribe to something that will just flood my email, and I hate the commercials on YouTube. Plus if I buy them, I will have them forever. There used to be this awesome yoga guy, Mark Something on YouTube -super videos, and they all disappeared and I cannot remember his last name, and I wish I could. He didn't use flowery language and was BUILT! Now I'm off topic lol!

Someone had got to have some recommendations!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Have a look at HasFit (beginner weight lifting with dumbbells, plus many more), and Nerdfitness, (bodyweight) They are good effective workouts and just bare bones- no chatter, loud music, or frills.

I like them and have used them for years.

Cheers, h.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the commercials, pay $10 a month for YouTube Red, no commercials and you get Google Music also.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like Chalean Extreme - she's not an over the top yeller, those are weight exercises, and the program comes with a cardio routine that also isn't (IMO) over the top.
  • Nativestar56
    Nativestar56 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just turn down the volume and put my own music on. Especially if I've done the same routine a few times, it gets boring hearing the same commentary!

I've done a few Yoga with Adriene videos on YouTube, she's awesome and I always feel very calm afterwards.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith channel. TONS of fun, motivating workouts and working out with Jessica is like working out with your best friend. She's pleasant, encouraging and definitely not a screamer.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean.

I usually use my own music for those trainers, but I enjoy Susana Yábar's bodyweight workouts on Youtube.

She shoots all her workouts outdoors at colorful and pretty locations, she has a pleasant and upbeat personality, the editing/music is awesome, the workouts are easy, but effective and most importantly she's not a yeller and not chatty.
  • Storm985
    Storm985 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I bought a PliYo dvd and I’m sure that one was 'gentle' (exercises harder than you think). I mix it in with the other stuff as I fancy, but have been working on strengthening my core.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There's a good bodyweight programme on reddit. If you train with it it's also supposed to get you towards doing cool things such as l-sits and handstands with lots of training. No shouting, just a description on how to do exercises and progressions by means of a few videos and text explanation. And reddit is geeky anyway :smile:
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender is no music and often just a voice over saying what to do
    There are some in gymra that are like this too.
    I find sometimes the presents just talk way too much. But hey it's something to yell at the tv about when I'm dying and telling them to shut up haha
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Piyo is pretty low key. I have a couple of Ellen Barrett Barefoot Cardio DVDs I'll pop in when I don't want someone perky jumping around and yelling :lol:
  • mjrc2
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the tips! Fitnessblender and Hasfit both look like my type of options. Nerdfitness looks neat, but I am a little too cash poor right now.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @mjrc2, I have never bought a subscription to Nerdfitness, I just use the free programmes.

The beginner bodyweight is a good one to start with.

Cheers, h.
    PS. Glad we could provide you with more suitable choices.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I second Fitnessblender, they are great. I mostly use the lady, she talks through what she is doing but in a normal voice, no cheesy motivational speeches etc. They deliberately don't add music so you can put on your own if you wish.
  • sierraleigh1
    sierraleigh1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender!
  • FitnessWeb34
    FitnessWeb34 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yes definitely fitness blender. They have free video's on youtube or you can pay(pretty cheap) for a program. It's a mixture of cardio and weight training. I love it.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that, while I'm not the original poster, I have been reading this thread and tried my first HASFIT video this morning. I really like them. Very low key and straightforward. Can't wait to try a few more!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender videos might suit you.

I like Jessica Smith tv videos on you tube. She has a great variety and I think she is pretty pleasant. She has dvd's out but I have not experienced them yet.
  • mjrc2
    Options
    Hey folks, I did a fitness blender video yesterday and was very pleased! I am so thankful for everyone's input!