Need New Work Outs!

Options
Hiya!

So I think I'm falling into a 'rut.' Much of the reading I've done says you need to change up your exercises to keep your body guessing. I already run a lot, I use the stairmaster frequently, and it's been a little while but I did a lot of spinning. Anyone have any suggestions for new and INTENSE workouts?? Thanks guys! =)

Replies

• fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

Have you checked out www.bodyrock.tv they do hardcore workouts and there are fresh new ones all the time. And you can do them at home! :) x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    swimming?
    badminton?
    30ds?
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix they have a ton of workout DVDs you can borrow and even some you can watch instantly. You can switch them out often enough that you don't have to get bored.

I also take Zumba classes and they are really fun and a great workout!
  • khristie107
    khristie107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: I was in a similar rut until about 8 weeks ago - I bought a few of Jillian's DVD's and got a kettle bell - and I am sooooo out of the rut and I am actually getting a little bit ripped - who knew? I still do my eliptical and run, but adding in the DVD's has made a huge difference for me. Hope this helps.
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    a rowing club just opened up in my office complex. Think spinning class but with really fancy rowing machines.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Get a bodyweight fit deck
    Or do these, circuit style: jumping jacks, burpees, duck walk, star jumpers, mountain climbers, squat thrusts, bear walk, or any other multi-joint exercises to switch things up.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Sounds like you need to do something with your upper body. Bodyrock.tv is a great source for free workouts, and a lot of them are very similar to the Beachbody workouts I used to get in shape.
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just tried a new circuit training workout today and it kicked my butt. It is the Spartacus Workout, it can be found at http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/downloads/MH-Spartacus-Workout.pdf. You basically do each exercise for 45 seconds with a 15 second break in between. Do this circuit 3 times. Takes about a 1/2 hour.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I change my workouts all the time. I just started up with spinning 1-2 times a week. I implement Insanity (fantastic high intensity cardio!), and incline intervals sprints (try the incline for the 1st mile then see how quickly the next mile(s) go.

I have increased my weights w/ strength training and increased ab workouts in my routine just to change it up.
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    I just tried a new circuit training workout today and it kicked my butt. It is the Spartacus Workout, it can be found at http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/downloads/MH-Spartacus-Workout.pdf. You basically do each exercise for 45 seconds with a 15 second break in between. Do this circuit 3 times. Takes about a 1/2 hour.

I would like to try this, thanks for posting. I LOVE circuit training for weightloss. My body responds quickly to these type of workouts.
  • kmcgilllis
    Options
    swimming?
    badminton?
    30ds?

What is 30ds? I love swimming but I don't have access to a pool.
    :smile: :smile: I was in a similar rut until about 8 weeks ago - I bought a few of Jillian's DVD's and got a kettle bell - and I am sooooo out of the rut and I am actually getting a little bit ripped - who knew? I still do my eliptical and run, but adding in the DVD's has made a huge difference for me. Hope this helps.

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE the biggest loser! I'll have to check her out!

Also thanks for the tips about bodyrock. I've actually seen videos but I haven't done much with them yet - I'll definitely have to give it a try!