100lbs in 6 months - My journey so far

Options
UntilProud
UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
Hey friends,

I wanted to take a look back at my journey so far and how I learned to appreciate the small victories along the way which in turn helped fuel my larger victories today. I want to share with those who are interested in reading this some of the methods and mindsets I used to create momentum and the things I did to create love for myself. Please note that I know everyone is different, but if we can share this information maybe some of it will resonate with some of you.

The first thing I did was I allowed myself to enjoy a cheat meal once a week for the first 2 months. I'm still not against them, or anything, but I know allowing myself some freedom and enjoying some of the foods that made me feel like crap, that I would eventually create a spectrum where choosing to feel good was way better than choosing a cheat meal once a week that would end up bogging me down...I ended up giving up the foods that I really thought were enjoyable for cheats that still have nutrition but fulfill the need for exotic tastes. - So, remember, food taste good but not as good as how fitness makes you feel.

2) take pictures religiously. Enjoy your journey so that later you can side by side comparison your month to month, or in my case, my week to week, and REALLY force yourself to notice the change. You think food is addicting? Try seeing your face shrink before your eyes. When those who are around you are unable to notice your drastic change, it's because the change happens over time, and seeing you daily removes some of the wow factor...if you cant wow them 3 months from your start date I dare you to show them your progress pictures...you'll see and they'll see just how bad *kitten* you are. - Be proud of your accomplishments, they build up like a skyscraper eventually and you'll then feel on top of the world.

3) it's not about obsession its about consistency. Ask me 2 years ago, I would have been in the gym DAILY and going off track...yea right.....However, that kind of obsession can lead to a "do or die" scenario and you can find yourself either all there or totally gone. If you're looking to succeed then eating less and moving more is just a habit and one not stressing over. If you want to stress then it becomes "I know I can have a cheat meal, but when?" and you CAN. It's not going to ruin your gains, you're not going to go right to jail, you can still pass go. I guess what I'm saying is ,oderation is actually so important and not cliche. You can say the same run down saying "everything in moderation" but until you believe it you'll never understand it. - The takeaway? You can have ice-cream, or takeout, as long as you stay consistent...Trust the process and there remove that hurdle.

4) Find like minded people who want to build you up. It's okay to enjoy time with friends who don't share your ambition, however, in the case of becoming a better you it is okay to branch off and make other friends who can impact you in the way you're wanting to be impacted. I still love and find time to hang with my closest friends, but I also find time to talk to, and enjoy, the people who have goals like mine. We are the 5 closest people we hang out with...so why not let those people positively affect you. If you're feeling down let your friends lift you up. You're worthy of that love, and you're worthy to accept it's okay to branch away and find new friends! The more friends the better! -Find your value and double down. You deserve to have people who want to see you better your life.

5) You're not a rubber band, so stop stretching yourself too thin. If you feel you need a break, take a break. If you feel like you've earned a cheat, enjoy a cheat. Relax, this isn't a race it's a marathon. Create your habits and move forward. You're not a Jenga tower, you're building a strong structure based on discipline and confidence. If you're vulnerable, learn to accept we can make mistakes, and learn to accept that progress is process, not instant. You've got this as long as you learn to be malleable. - Don't sweat the petty things.

Finally, you're on here because you're not afraid to take a chance. This resource gives you an incredible advantage over those who are desperate to lose weight and think starving themselves is the answer. MFP will guide you and help you lose weight in a sustainable way. Additionally, the community is full of diverse fitness groups. Add people, don't be afraid to ask questions, and be ready to learn a lot about yourself. Discipline equals freedom and you're here to learn that you are strong. I can't wait to see what is in store for you in the future. I know I'm not giving up on me...so lets get at this together.

agggzvhp50hg.jpg

Replies

• Thebajan
    Thebajan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an inspiration!!
  • WildWayz
    WildWayz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow! Utterly tremendous. I REALLY like your write-up just as much as your wonderful results. YAY YOU!!!!!!
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes! Congratulations on your amazing results and thanks for the hard-learned lessons. I hope to get some courage to take pictures soon.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! A true inspiration!!
  • lexuhroo
    lexuhroo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally needed this today. Thank you! And congrats on your progress--you look great!
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, so much stronger and healthier too! Thanks for the inspiration and extra motivation.
  • MarieMcKenzie2015
    MarieMcKenzie2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration
  • roofpanther
    roofpanther Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    🌼💖🌸⭐️THANKYOU⭐️Your insights and honesty really helped me. I really like all your advice and how easy your writing style is to read. You are super inspiring! Lots of love and light to you🌸💖🌼⭐️⭐️
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great story, great result and great tips, congratulations
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You are all so amazing, thank you for your support! I appreciate this more than you know!
  • lmadison5
    lmadison5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is a few months of progress?! That’s amazing! It shows how much you work at getting up and gettin it done! Well done can’t wait for your next update!
  • avs1825
    avs1825 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow you truly have inspired me today
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great advice. You re very articulate and it's an inspiration that you share these tips and pointers. Keep up the good work. You look awesome.
  • corkygates
    corkygates Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • kmtbeaulieu6056
    kmtbeaulieu6056 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great work man. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • CindyBear66
    CindyBear66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing transformation! Thank you for all the advice, it's something we all need to hear.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!