Newbie here,Help!!

Options
I cant eat enough Im always under calories. I wanna lose fat but gain muscle. Im under 1300 cal a day, and just not hungry. Help Please

Replies

• k4200
    k4200 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try and and a little low carb or low sugar protein. I also use peanut butter on crackers with meals as a little boost. Helps me hit that target. Also look for the signs of calorie deficiency...muscle fatigue, tiredness, slow recovery etc.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    How long have you been having this problem? If it just started, and you made big changes to your diet, it can take a week or so for your stomach and hunger signals to adjust.

Are you using a food scale? If not, you are probably eating more than you think. We are generally pretty bad at eyeballing portions, and using cups and spoons can be innacurate.

If you are weighing out all your portions and this has been going on for more than a week, try something like a fruit smoothie, peanut butter, ice cream, cook your meals in a bit of oil. Also you might want to readjust your macros. Different macros satiate people differently. If your diet is pretty high in one macro, you may need to balance them out a little to get the right amount of calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    "Can't eat enough" isn't a real problem for someone who's overweight.
    Hunger is not the same as appetite. You still need to eat even if you "don't want to".
    Boring food reduces your appetite.
    To lose weight, you have to eat less. You can eat less of food you like.
    To lose weight, you have to eat less for real. Unless you're logging correctly, you're likely to eat more than you think.
    Your weight over time reflects your true calorie intake. How much weight have you lost in how much time?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Can you gain muscle while in a calorie deficit? I thought you had to bulk in order to gain muscle.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Can you gain muscle while in a calorie deficit? I thought you had to bulk in order to gain muscle.

A little, newbie gains and such like.
  • Edensroot
    Edensroot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!! Maybe Because I'm not logging in the tsp oil I sauteed the veggies in and things like that is why I am not hitting my goal of 1375 cal a day..normally 400-500 deficit. But I do want to lose...I need a trainer I guess. I wanted to get some of the weight down at home then join a gym. My bucket list is to compete in Figure Competition. Im 5'7 190 last I checked about 2 mos ago...I workout 5 days for an hour. 2miles plus weights
  • TavistockToad
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Edensroot wrote: »
    Peanut Butter!! Maybe Because I'm not logging in the tsp oil I sauteed the veggies in and things like that is why I am not hitting my goal of 1375 cal a day..normally 400-500 deficit. But I do want to lose...I need a trainer I guess. I wanted to get some of the weight down at home then join a gym. My bucket list is to compete in Figure Competition. Im 5'7 190 last I checked about 2 mos ago...I workout 5 days for an hour. 2miles plus weights

Try logging everything then? You're probably not actually under your calorie goal.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Need to eat more foods that a full of fibre @Edensroot
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Adding more healthy fats to my meals such as avocados, peanut butter, nuts and oils helps me on those days when I need more calories.

50 grams of unsalted cashews is about 300 calories and believe me, it's a small amount so it won't make you full.