Coke Zero vs Coke- No Sugar

Hello!
Coke Zero is on its way out and I can only get Coke - No sugar. Are they the same?
Thanks
P.s which one do you like best?
🤪🤩

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    They said they tweaked the blend of flavors for the no sugar version to taste more like regular coke. Again, I can't tell.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Thanks, I have noticed that the new coke is now 1 calorie
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    DH says he noticed the taste difference, but it wasn't enough to stop drinking it. It may have all been in his head for all I know. But I did hear there was a flavor tweak.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I asked him, he said it was a wee bit sweeter.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I notice a slight, subtle difference between the two but they both taste just fine to me. I probably am not the most reliable source of information though because I can happy with Pepsi Max too. They have just released a Pepsi Max Raspberry in Australia. That is now my favourite drink of choice.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I notice a slight, subtle difference between the two but they both taste just fine to me. I probably am not the most reliable source of information though because I can happy with Pepsi Max too. They have just released a Pepsi Max Raspberry in Australia. That is now my favourite drink of choice.

Yummy! I haven’t seen the Pepsi max raspberry!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member

I haven't seen this in Coles or Woolies yet, just at Foodland for the first time over the last week (which may not help if you are not in SA). Hopefully the majors will have it soon.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    I also think Coke no sugar is sweeter, and much prefer Coke Zero. If they get rid of it in my country, I’ll probably just go back to Diet Coke. Not a big fan of the extra sweetness!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

I haven't seen this in Coles or Woolies yet, just at Foodland for the first time over the last week (which may not help if you are not in SA). Hopefully the majors will have it soon.

Coke had a raspberry version, but it was the "less sugar" version. Urgh. An orange "no sugar coke" is available too.

I just mix sugar free raspberry Cordial with my diet coke...
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Since we're on about changes in formula in diet drinks, has anyone tasted the new "feisty cherry" diet coke? It's replacing the regular diet cherry coke (which I love), and it has a nasty, bizarre burning effect on the back of your throat, like you swallowed too much pepper. I had to google it when I first tasted it - I was worried someone had injected some poison into the can - true story!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    Since we're on about changes in formula in diet drinks, has anyone tasted the new "feisty cherry" diet coke? It's replacing the regular diet cherry coke (which I love), and it has a nasty, bizarre burning effect on the back of your throat, like you swallowed too much pepper. I had to google it when I first tasted it - I was worried someone had injected some poison into the can - true story!

Sounds feisty ;) cherry coke isn't a regular thing where I am, but I'm not fussed... I think it tastes like cough medicine.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I don’t like any of those new flavors. I love ‘regular’ Diet Coke, but the new flavored ones taste nasty to me.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I don’t like any of those new flavors. I love ‘regular’ Diet Coke, but the new flavored ones taste nasty to me.

Yeah, while I was reading up on the feisty cherry, I looked at what people were saying about the other new flavors - there wasn't much love out there. Diet coke is my drink of choice too, but I do like a little cherry flavor every now and then. :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Coke no sugar and Coke Zero taste the same to me - any flavour tweaking was too subtle for me to notice.

I also drink pepsi max which I like, and can tell difference.

Diet Coke to me is least best although I will drink it - has more of a chemically taste to me than the others.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Diet coke.

I taste a difference between zero and no sugar. I would drink zero if there was no diet, but I won't drink no sugar.... I think it tastes vile.

I agree! As a child of the 80s, Coke Zero/No Sugar is way too different from what I'm used to.