Do you have days when it all seems so impossible?

Options
I’ve gone up and down (after children), then this latest time due to an awful situation with work and using food to get through it. I now think I've got my mind in the right place, so am working on the body...

I remembered some smart trousers I bought at my previous heaviest weight and thought I’d wear them next week. When I tried them on, they won’t even fasten - my fat trousers are 6 inches too small!!

I KNOW that I have to just continue to work on it otherwise it’ll get worse.

I’ve lost a stone (this time). the scales have stalled for two weeks, but my clothes are started to feel looser and I am starting to see a change in myself, but I didn’t weigh myself at my heaviest this time and to find that I have to lose weight to get to my previous fattest has got to me this morning.

I would love some motivation! :smiley:

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on motivation - think about it, how far has motivation taken you until now?

Yes, we all have days when everything seems hopeless and overwhelming. But unless we have clinical depression, that's not every day. What you do most days, counts the most.
  • Storm985
    Storm985 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love this forum -it’s so straight talking :D:D
  • Amandachanges
    Amandachanges Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Read “The Myth of Motivation” under ‘most helpful posts’ at the top of the boards. It was inspirational, and helped me.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Ya. Dont rely on motivation. I relied on math, I took comfort in the numbers. I took comfort in focusing on the numbers i ate, and burned, And every step of the way when those numbers lead to the expected losses. Motivation wont take you far its commitment and dedication you need. Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight (health, sexiness, be able to do more activity, Save money from having to buy bigger clothes-Though youll buy smaller ones thats way more fun lol-) Whatever your reasons. Remind yourself of those reasons by re-reading that list when you feel down. And remember you didnt get fat in a day, 1 day wont ruin your losses unless you let it spiral. This mysterious wagon people speak about falling off-for me- is more of a roller coaster with ups and downs ...A roller coaster i get off of on occasion to go to the amusement parks food court and pig out on deep fried theme park food. lol. But even though i hate rollercoasters i keep getting back on because ups and downs beats just downs