HELP! My face turns beet RED when I exercise!

Options
This happens when I work out cardio like an elliptical, I don't know why but it always happens. I don't really mind how I look but more how I feel while I’m working out. My face feels on FIRE!! I have to cool off with a wet towel. If I don't, I start getting dizzy, light headed etc... and I don't think it’s that I'm working out too hard, my blood pressure is fine and I'm breathing ok. I only feel the heat around my face and it’s the only area that turns red, not my neck or anywhere else. If anyone has this problem and can give me some ideas on what it can be or what to do, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    mine used to do that to when I was doing cardio- the longer i worked out the less red it got, now 9 months later and it barely gets red at all
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    My face gets really red during an intense workout. My husband teases me and tells me that my face is purple. LOL! I just deal with it during the workout and splash my face with cool water after. I don't get dizzy or light headed from it though...
  • msbeavert
    Options
    I get the same way, but add my arms and chest to that. People think I'm having a heart attack but I always feel fine.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That used to happen to me but the more I work out the less it happens. Also if I drink a lot of water all day then when I workout I sweat more and "burn" less.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My nose usedto get red, jsut like when I cry!! LOL I hated it! Now I get a wonderfully sweaty glow and no major redness.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Do you drink enough water during workouts? Might want to get it checked out by a doctor if you're getting dizzy/lightheaded. People often look...lets go with interesting...when they're working out, but the side effects you're talking about could be problematic.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    yeaaa! I used to turn beat red too but it's not quite as bad as it used to be.

beet? lawl.
  • davisrc19
    Options
    It's blood moving closer to the skin to cool/regulate body temperature. Poor fitness through great fitness, my face has always turned bright red.
  • kmcgilllis
    Options
    I used to be soooo red at the end of every work out. Now I still get red if I really push myself but I realized I don't care. The redness should go away - but it if it doesn't just know that you're there to push yourself! Most people are probably too preoccupied with what they're doing to really notice your face turning red and if they're that focused on something so insignificant during their workouts then they're not really pushing themselves. =p
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My guess is a. You don't get enough water, b. You need electrolytes and c. You are working out above your target heart rate. All of these are easy to fix. I get the red face/dizzy/headache if my electroytes are too low. Thus I derink a lot of water daily and take an electrolyte drink with me when I work out. I also have a HRM to make sure I'm working out in the zone.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yep. Mine goes bright red, irrelevant of my fitness levels, or levels of hydration. I've googled it on a number of occasions, and it seems a natural occurrence in some people, but if you are worried it could be worth getting your blood pressure tested, I've read. I know that mine's fine, it's just something that happens when I work out. I used to be paranoid about it, but after a while I realised no-one else cared!