Iced Coffee

Options
Can anyone help with me a recipe for iced coffee? I have looked all over the internet and everything i find has tons of milk,sugar & sweets. I am looking for something very simple, with few calories. i drink hot coffee in the morning and would love to have iced coffee throughout the day. Please help !!!

Replies

• lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    Make it, put it in the fridge till cool and add ice? That is what I do, I didn't know it had to be more complicated :p

Add whatever you add to regular coffee... I drink it black so the above is as far as the instructions go.
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just chill mine, add a splash of milk and stevia (same thing I do with my hot coffee in the morning).
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually just put it in the fridge over night and add a dash of non-fat vanilla creamer in the morning and ice. If you want something a little tastier look into sugar free flavored coffee syrups. www.hungrygirl.com has a bunch of awesome iced coffee recipes otherwise.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I fill a cup with ice, add lite hershey syrup (2 tablespoons) and poor the hot coffee over it all. Cools the coffee and is only 45 calories:bigsmile: Sweet:flowerforyou:
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just make a big pot and chill it in the fridge! Also make ice cubes out of coffee so it does not get watered down.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I have some sugar free coffee syrup I add to make mine delicious! :] its Torani brand and they sell tons online
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    Like the others said, I just chill it and add my normal splenda and milk like I do to my morning hot coffee.
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    my friend has one for 25 cals...16 oz cup filled with ice, 8 oz brewed coffee, 2tbs torani sugar free syrup, 3 tbs fat free half and half stir and enjoy
  • hulietta
    hulietta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I pour lukewarm coffee over ice and add a little half/half. No sugar needed for me. It depends how you like it.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options

This. This is delicious. I love this iced coffee. But it's not very low-cal.

Personally, I fill a glass with ice, then add coffee, then a quarter cup of fat free half and half and some sweetener. It's about 40 calories, to the pioneer woman's 200.
  • luckygirlblue78
    Options
    Hiya!! I brew it double strength, (double the grinds or half the water) wait for it to cool a bit in the carafe, then pour it over ice and stick it in the fridge. As the ice melts, it won't water down the taste because it's brewed double strength. :) When I pour a glass, I just add fat free half and half and splenda. :) Good luck! Gotta have our coffee! ;D
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I pretty much drink this all day -- its how I make my protein shakes.

24oz Blender bottle
    1 cup silk pure almond
    2 cups water
    1 scoop CLICK espresso protein (OR just add 1-2 tbsp instant espresso powder to taste)
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein isolate
    splash of sf hazelnut creamer (or whatever flavor you like)

Shake...adds lots of ice.
    Protein shake + coffee == 3 cups of fluids down for the day and it tastes yummy :)

If you don't want to use protein, what I do is just make a big pot of coffee and pour it in a 2qt container and keep it in the fridge.
    Always cold, so just pour it out, add some milk/soy milk/creamer/splenda or whatever and you're done. Easy peasy.
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous post - check out "http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/"
    I'm gonna try that one.
    I've got a French Press, that I use to make pretty strong coffee, and then add the ice ~ works pretty well for my tastes.
  • jen_marie_1976
    Options
    another thing, if i want a glass of iced coffee....i also found that you fill half your glass with coffee then the rest with water, then add whatever else you like in it...do i want to have half coffee half water?
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I blame you for the fact that I'm about to lose about 3 hours browsing this site - it looks great, thank you :D
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    I also thought there was a special way to brew this to make iced coffee. You mean I've spent $5,000 so far on Starbucks iced coffee for nothing?? Grrrrrrr! I've been suckered into experiencing the "Starbucks Effect"
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Just brew it cold! Get a french press and brew it like normal french pressed coffee, except with cold water. You have to let it sit for longer (about 3 hours minimum), then press the grounds down slowly to filter the coffee through. Pour it over ice, and since it's already cold it won't melt the ice quickly, and serve! The best part about the cold brew is that you get all the flavor WITHOUT all the acidity or bitterness, so you'll end up using A LOT less sugar (if any) and A LOT less milk. Use stevia insted of sugar to make it REALLY low cal. Enjoy! Let me know what you think!
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    I somehow managed to wean myself off Starbuck's iced coffee and am happy not to be spending the $!!! I use my Keurig and brew the night before. I use either Green Mtn Dark Magic or Espresso Blend. Brew one k-cup on the 2nd highest setting and one on the middle setting. Let it cool overnight. Pour over a cup filled with ice and add a "glug" of half & half. Works great!
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    sure just make your regular coffee use FF milk and splenda or any other low calories sweetner. I also sometimes add just a squirt of mocha doesnt add many calories..