Newish to My Fitness Pal

Options
I am newish to My Fitness Pal .. I started my account about a month or so ago, been using it but hadn't posted anything yet .. maybe I was to afraid, maybe I didn't want to step out of my comfort zone or maybe I didn't want to acknowledge that I had gained weight and needed help losing it to other people. I don't know for sure?! All I know is I am here .. I am working out .. I am watching what I eat, I have lost a whole pants size in the month I've been using My Fitness Pal and I am excited to "meet" other people on this site, learn what's working (or not working) for others, get some recipes, set some goals and just have fun.

Replies

• Shabawan
    Shabawan Posts: 37
    Options
    joining MFP was the best thing i did and its great ..so many nice and encouraging people are here and they keeo u motivated..
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! Feel free to add me...Good Luck!!:smile:
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    cool!
    enjoy and have a good time on mfp
  • beckyw21911
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am newish here myself and love it here. I used to log in to FB first thing and check on it, now I find myself logging into MFP before I check on anything else. Congrats on the results and welcome!
  • chicka37
    Options
    Welcome Jackyb03 ,

I've been a member since last Summer and have been struggling with my weight. I was a Curves member until recently and did Extreme Zumba at home. I hurt myself stressing over losing weight and excessive working out, and got Costochondritis. This is inflammation in your chest wall. I went for many lab tests and recently found out that I'm still healthy and all my hormone levels as well thyroid levels are abit low but not major, and my Birth Control Pill Sprintec isn't responsible for weight gain either. I'm a healthy eater and I eat Tofu,grains,etc so apparently it's my fault somehow for not losing weight. I am adjusting again my dietplan and meals. I'm tired and sore all the time and I know Stress is a big cause for weightgain too; So I try not to stress over life issues I'm going through but it's not really working. My advice is Every day is a new day and just enjoy it and think of the things that make you happy and focus on them. I am always here to chat and motivate if you need a friend and I'm proud of You that you are keeping yourself healthy. The most important reason to lose weight and eat right is because we want to Live!!! Regardless if we think we're pretty enough or thin enough because someone will always see the Beauty in Us we don't see.Sorry to babble I'm starving right now LOL Take Care and Enjoy your Day :smile: Chicka37
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Well done for joining, it's a great community here :-) I joined in January 2010 - then didn't do anything more until about 6 weeks ago, but really love it now I've realised it's not just a (handy) app. Feel free to add me :-)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    congrats on making the commitment. I'm in the same boat. Feel free to friend me if you like! :glasses: