Is this a good supplement to take with my meal plan?

Options
So i have got a supplement which has ingredients given in attached image. My goal is weight and muscle gain.
Heres my meal plan
Morning: 2 glass water with honey and lemon
Meal 1: milk oats + peanut butter + 5 white eggs
Meal 2: protein powder(the one I mentioned above)
Meal 3:rice + salad + Boiled chickpeas
Meal 4: boiled chickpeas + salad + 1 apple + boil potatoes 150 gm
After out.: protein with Bcaa
Meal 6: sprouts and potatoes
mbslkd1udbvl.jpeg

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think both the supplement and the meal plan are bad ideas.
    If you want to gain weight and muscles, you have to eat more - more calories, and sufficient protein - consistently, and for a long time.
    It's easy to think it's hard to calculate your calorie needs and that the more protein the better.
    But that is wrong. MFP gives you a calorie target, and a protein target that is sufficient.
    What's hard, is to accept that a quest is much simpler and easier than you imagined, and to be patient and let the process take the time it needs.
    You will burn out in no time if you try to stick to a starvation/boring diet.
    You can eat anything you like.
    "Anything you like" sounds to many people like "nothing but beer and pizza", but it really isn't. People like variety, and feeling free to make your own choices, will lead you to make overall better choices.
    You will be able to reach your goals if you have a good plan and commit to it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Do you like it? Is it putting you in a calorie surplus? Personally I would have more food instead of the powder, especially more sources of fat.
  • Justbeck101
    Justbeck101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try reading BLS Bigger Leaner Stronger.
    You can also go online to Muscle for Life, it’s a great program
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What is your calorie intake? What are your stat? What is your lifting program?

Personally, i feel the shake is pretty crap.. its a bunch of cheap sugars (maltodexrine and Dextrose). You dont need BCAAs as protein has all you need.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sounds low in fat?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    How'd you buy this? I just see it on FaceBook and IndiaMart.com. rockstonenutrition.com isn't working. I know about some of the ingredients professionally and wanted to see marketing claims.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    How'd you buy this? I just see it on FaceBook and IndiaMart.com. rockstonenutrition.com isn't working. I know about some of the ingredients professionally and wanted to see marketing claims.
    Adaptogenic herbs? Yeah, I thought that was interesting to see in a protein jug. Not something you wanna take all willy-nilly.