I’ve got 150 lbs to loose

Options
So I stared MFP journey back in 2012 from 2016. I had lost 116 lbs.. mid 2016 I had gotten a server case of bronchitis which lasted for 7-8 months.. through my sickness I gained almost 80 lbs of 116..😢 I was so weak from loosing all the lean muscle from strength training... I then developed rheumatoid arthritis literally from the top of my head to the tips of my toes to the tips of my fingers..I was a complete miserable mess. I cried everyday in server chronic pain. April of this year Jesus rescued me of the horrible all overbody pain. I laid a lot down that was burdening me.. we go through this life and think we have to hold on to all the baggage that life gives but in all certainty I’m living proof you don’t need to go through this alone. I’m still about 30-40% in pain each day but not like I was. It was max 100% everyday in cronic pain. I think now it’s my extra weight that is causing my pain.. so I’ve really got to get very serious about loosing this 150 lbs. I’d love some accountability friends (only woman) (men are to flirty on here and that’s not what I’m looking for) have a blessed day.

Replies

• darkbella
    darkbella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I have 190 to lose. My parents are trying to lose too but they have similar medical problems to what it sounds like you'r having that prevent them from exercising. I'm not into Jesus (jewish atheist, but i hope you won't hold that against me) but I'm glad that you've found at least some relief to your pain.

Have you ever considered CBD (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol) to help with your pain? It's legal and you don't need any prescription for it in all 50 states. It's much less risky then a lot narcotics or other pain meds that might have side effects.

Another thing that might help you is called a dorsal column stimulator.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_cord_stimulator) My mom was able to get off all her narcotics when she got one and at her worst she was taking double the manufactures maximum recommended dose of oxy per day. It's a device implanted in your spine that sends of an electrical signal that make it so you can't feel the pain coming from that body part. I don't know enough about your pain or to tell you that it would def work in your situation for sure but you might wana look into it.

Anyway, i wish you the best with both your pain situation and your weight loss journey. I hope my post made you feel less alone.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You can do it. You’ve done this before and you can do it again.
  • halloweenspecial
    halloweenspecial Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me. I have 110 pounds to lose and no support to do it
  • rachelwatkins510
    rachelwatkins510 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I am needing to lose too- I know it’ll be hard but so worth it. Feel free to add me. I hope to find some motivating friends :)