Low calorie but filling breakfast??

Options
a5334131n
a5334131n Posts: 10 Member
Hey guys! I’m on this course of antibiotics that requires me to be very full when I take it but I count calories and my allowance is pretty small. Does anyone know a good low calorie (under 150) breakfast food that REALLY fills you up?? Thanks ❤️

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I do an egg white omelet with turkey and cheese for about 100c
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, fiber, and fat are the usual filling components but it's a different combination for everyone.

If fat free is satiating for you a Fiber One (cereal) Greek yogurt parfait might work for you. My usual breakfast is around 250 calories.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Your question seems a little strange. Does your medication say "take on a full stomach" and you think you need a large volume of food to qualify? I know several 150-160 calorie breakfast combos- an egg and a light Greek yogurt, an egg and a pre-cooked Johnsonville turkey sausage patty, 2 oz of any deli meat on a light English muffin- but those are all aimed at fullness in the sense of *satiety*, not volume. But unless you've been told differently, they should be plenty for the purpose of taking antibiotics.
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with a tbsp PB and 1/2 sliced banana. ~250 calories.
  • barnettskylar15
    barnettskylar15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Kodiak Cakes. The dark chocolate ones are like having dessert for breakfast. 190 cals for 3 pancakes, with 14g of protein. I usually add 3 ounces of blueberries for a total of 220 cals. Slightly above 150, but they will keep you full!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I agree with @try2again. I eat 2 scrambled eggs with a couple handfuls of spinach and some feta every morning with blueberries or cantaloupe or whatever fruit is in season. All less than 300 calories. Plenty of protein, vitamins and yumminess
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet, a half cup of cottage cheese (I prefer the no salt added) for 80ish calories, topped with cinnamon and fresh mango. You can sub with any fruit you'd like. The protein in that cottage cheese really keeps me full for a long while!

I do a poached egg if I want something more savory. I do it open-faced on half of a light English muffin and top with salt, pepper, ketchup. I've also done an egg scramble with bacon bits and cheese. Delicious!
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A Belvita soft baked protein breakfast bar and a banana usually fills me for 4 hours or so.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is my go-to for breakfast, and sometimes even lunch. One 1/2 cup (dry) serving is 150 calories and it's easy to tweak the sweet/savory factor with low calorie add-ins. Rice is similar and you can adjust the texture and volume of either by increasing or decreasing liquid while cooking.
  • Sharonsollohub
    Sharonsollohub Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you are taking antibiotics- it is good to eat some yogurt daily. It keeps the good bacteria in the gut which can be killed off by the antibiotics.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Your question seems a little strange. Does your medication say "take on a full stomach" and you think you need a large volume of food to qualify? I know several 150-160 calorie breakfast combos- an egg and a light Greek yogurt, an egg and a pre-cooked Johnsonville turkey sausage patty, 2 oz of any deli meat on a light English muffin- but those are all aimed at fullness in the sense of *satiety*, not volume. But unless you've been told differently, they should be plenty for the purpose of taking antibiotics.

Never heard of any antibiotic that required you to be "very full". Many say take with food or perhaps on a full stomach, but that doesn't mean you have to be stuffed.

Target of 150 for breakfast is extremely low, but not impossible. Lowest cal breakfast that includes lots of nutrition is egg white scramble with low cal veggies. One egg white is only 17 calories, so you could have 3 or 4 along with spinach, peppers, mushrooms, onions. You could definitely bring that in for under 150 cals if that's the target.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Your question seems a little strange. Does your medication say "take on a full stomach" and you think you need a large volume of food to qualify?

I'm curious about this as well. Any antibiotics I've been prescribed that indicate they are to be taken with food are only done so because they can irritate an empty stomach. Never heard of an antibiotic with a prerequisite of being "very full" when taken. My labels have simply said, "Take With Food."

OP: If this is the case, perhaps checking with your pharmacist would be a good idea. No point in stressing over what to eat or not eat to meet a misunderstood requirement. :)

• krgradinetti
    krgradinetti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is always 3 eggs whites scrambled, a slice of fat free Kraft singles, a Roma tomato in a low calorie pita (I like toufayan’s everything pita). It’s like 170 calories
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    a3bb6dde33ded0e7e6afe8002bd8a095.png
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned Oat meal and a handful of blueberries, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I would like to hope the round of antibiotics from early june is done and went well :p
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is 2 eggs (hard-boiled or scrambled) and 1 piece of whole wheat toast (with butter). It's pretty filling for me.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I go in cycles of about 2 to 3 months eating the same thing for breakfast.

Right now it's a really hearty whole grain bread (I have several I love from a local bakery) toasted and topped with about 15 grams of peanut butter and a small sliced banana.

Keeps me happy for several hours.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I personally find high protein and fat for breakfast keeps me full until lunchtime,so I tend to eat sausage, egg (in some form) and beans on toast or a crumpet nearly every day. If i have cereal or even oats I get hungry again quickly. Spending the few extra calories on a good breakfast saves me craving snacks and adding excess calories in throughout the day