diet for weight loss

Options
Hi!!

I’m a 19 year girl I’m 5ft 1 and I weigh 127 pounds. I used to weigh about 110-113 pounds as I’ve never really had much of an appetite but over the last few months I’ve been eating more than I used to and gained :( I’m not fat and still have a flat stomach but I’m not happy with my weight, I really want to lose and get back into the weight I was.

I’m not really an expert on diets and need some help on creating a diet plan that will make me lose weight. I want to lose weight quite quickly and I know that it isn’t very healthy to do that but I just want to get back to my first weight.

This is what I’ve been eating for the past week:

Breakfast: 30g of Cheerios with 1cup of skim milk

Lunch: 2 Belvita bars (either milk and cereals or fruit) with 140g of muller light yogurt (140g)

For tea I’ve been having salads with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and peppers with either turkey slices or grilled chicken breast or chicken tikka. I also might have a Jacket Potato with two cheese triangles. 5 Smiley Faces with 30g baked beans.

Supper: 120g of Ambrosia custard light with 2 slices of Soreen.

Drinks: I drink tea with a drop of skim milk. Six cups of water. Two cans of Pepsi Max per day.

Any help and suggestions I will be grateful for.

Replies

• bellanary
    bellanary Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the advice 😊

My profile is new on this site and I did input my info when I logged it but it didn’t show up until now.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As mentioned after you put in your stats and your desired rate of loss (.5lbs would be best as you are so close to “goal”)...and as long as you are within that number you should be on track..usual recommendations are to get as much protein as you can to preserve lean muscle mass and lift following s program of your choice...if that’s of interest to you.

Having said that..I am your height and 130lbs and 34...I understand if you want to look a certain way...but the number on the scale doesn’t always tell the story...don’t get so focused on a number but instead how you look and feel..you can use the number as a “guideline” to where you want to be... but it shouldn’t be the end all be all.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posts - but you do seem to be having a lot of sugary foods / drinks. Is this what you were eating previously?

Consider replacing the belvita and yoghurt with a big salad, perhaps with some chicken or turkey or tuna or chopped hard boiled eggs. Then for dinner, ditch the custard and soreen and look at having a large plate of different veg, possibly as a stirfry, perhaps with some grilled salmon or chicken breast or a handful of prawns. You can add different herbs or spice mixes to jazz it up a bit. If I do a lot of stirfry veg, I generally don't bother with rice or noodles (unless I need to boost my calorie intake because I haven't eaten my target that day). You're likely to feel more full if you've eaten a large plate of salad or veg.

Also, when you're getting to the end of the box of cheerios, or just if you fancy a change, consider making overnight oats with chopped fruit and berries in.

A key thing is to consider what you're likely to be eating once you get back to your target weight. If you were eating healthily before, I'd eat the same stuff (but less of it so that you're within the number of calories allocated by mfp). Just don't try to rush anything.

Good Luck.
  • bellanary
    bellanary Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The soreen with the custard isn’t what I have for my dinner I usually have a salad or a Jacket Potato for dinner at around 6pm, the soreen is usually around 10pm for supper. 😊