I need help

Options
rsigalg
rsigalg Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, i feel so uncomfortable with myself. I have gained 50 pounds in 6 months and i am not happy. I just need some advice on where to start this weight loss journey.

Replies

• MissLifeDetox
    MissLifeDetox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy to help :) add me! x
  • rsigalg
    Options
    Im new to this, how do i add you
  • MissLifeDetox
    MissLifeDetox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    if you go to my profile (clicking on my name) you'll see an 'add as friend' button... (i just learnt how myself lol)
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Select profile pic. Then select name. Then select heads icon. Fill in your name and invite. Or ask them to invite you. Invite sent
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Do a lot of reading. The stickies posts at the top of the getting started forum is a great place to start.
  • rsigalg
    Options
    Thanks😊
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There are so many great starting guides in the stickied "must reads" at the top of the Getting Started and General Diet forums. Be sure to check them out, but this is one of the best: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • rsigalg
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, it is so appreciated.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    rsigalg wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, it is so appreciated.

You're welcome. There are so many dieting myths out there, it can be really overwhelming to sift through them all. Those helpful threads can be such a blessing in getting you started. It's not as complicated as you may think. That doesn't mean it's easy. Just be patient and kind to yourself, log your food consistently, and remain persistent.
  • restricteur
    restricteur Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but what I understood from my readings and the videos I have seen is that losing weight is a lot easier than gaining muscle. I myself have just started a month ago a journey to gaining muscle and burning fat as I would qualify myself as a skinny man with just a little bit of fat. The routine I am following is quiet simple: I exercise at home for 35 to 45 minutes 6 days out of 7 (4 days would be enough in my opinion) and I try to have each day a calorie surplus of about 250 calories. In the first week it was a bit of a struggle to stick to my exercise weekly planning but it became quickly a source of happiness to me. Especially the feeling of satisfaction after finishing the exercise and taking a good shower.