Anyone from Alabama?

Options
elsie6hickman
elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
Ack! there is temptation everywhere! I'm in Central Alabama, about a hour outside of Montgomery.

Replies

• greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in Auburn, so not far at all from you, it sounds like. The heat and rain have been a real struggle for me this summer!
  • sunnypastures
    sunnypastures Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    in the "country", an hr outside of birmingham. need a buddy to follow/let follow food journals to stay accountable!:)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm in Auburn, so not far at all from you, it sounds like. The heat and rain have been a real struggle for me this summer!

War Eagle!

From Birmingham.
  • elsie6hickman
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm in Alexander City, on Lake Martin. I hate the heat and humidity and so much rain that doesn't cool things off. I see we share a common love of animals. I have 3 dogs at the moment.
  • Elizabeth32413
    Elizabeth32413 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m from the “big” community called Nauvoo, lol... I enjoy running and doing OCR races. Also, we have a love of dogs, we have 2 boxers😁
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I have 2 coonhounds - a Walker (my picture) and a Blue Tick. We also have a Lab Mix. They are all rescues - and not one came from the shelter.
  • Elizabeth32413
    Options
    We also have 4 boxer mix dogs, so we have a total of 6 dogs, aka our kids...Curious as to what your goals might be..As for me, I try to maintain my weight. I do great during the week. My eating is strict and I usually run Thursday thru Sunday. My downfall is my eating on the weekends😬
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight - about 50 lbs, maybe a bit more. I put on a lot of weight when I went through a year of depression (a dear friend died suddenly), followed by a year of fibro flare. During that period, I could barely walk much less exercise. My *kitten* and the recliner became one. This past year, I had a stress test followed by a heart cath - and I was told that I had a vein that was too small to stent - and the cardiologist put me on additional pills. And a month after that, my husband was diagnosed with diabetes and between those two things, it has been a real wake up call. In addition to losing weight, I really want to get healthy. I floated the idea of gastric sleeve surgery with both my cardiologist and my GP and both of them thought it a great idea - but I want to try doing it on my own first - but we all know that is not a magic solution. I've lost 12 lbs so far.
  • Elizabeth32413
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I hope all goes well with you and your husband. Lord knows that life isn’t fair, but with that being said I’m a true believer that at the time we might not understand it, but things happen for a reason. U sound like a very strong willed woman and my hat is off 2u. Kudos for trying to lose weight on your own first.
  • natdan
    natdan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We recently moved to the White Plains area, about an hour away from Birmingham. My goal is to lose at least 50 lbs!