Eating Back Workout Calories?

Options
Good idea or bad?

Replies

• stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t eat back all of them because a lot of things such as cardio machines and fitness trackers way overestimate the amount of calories you burn but definitely eat back around half, especially if you’re hungrier that day. Or save those extra calories for another day :smile: but if you don’t eat back exercise calories at all, you’ll be under eating which could be a problem depending on how much you burn
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I let hunger be my guide
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    assuming you are inputting your calories burnt correctly then yes you should eat them back ..... but I would hazzard a guess the majority of people massively over estimate the amount they burn thanks to excitable machines and how much energy is really needed to pick up a barbell 5 times every 3 minutes ... hence only eating back 50% of them.

the theory of eating them back is sound ... the implementation of peoples logging however is flawed.

eat back 50% ... if you are losing too quickly, increase the amount you eat back ... if you are no longer loosing weight, eat back less