Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hey kids, I'm new around here.

iclimbmountains
iclimbmountains Posts: 12
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!

Just joined yesterday so I'm pretty darn new. I'm usually a farily healthy and active person, but due to some medical issues, in the past 3 months I've gained over 10 pounds and lost an incredible amount of motivation and energy. I've always found in the past that keeping a log and having lots of great support is the absolute best way to get back into the swing of things! So far I'm doing great, have eaten healthy the last two days, back into riding my bike to work (45 minutes round trip), and am about to head to the gym for some strength training! So I figure that while I'm at getting back to where I was, I'd like to go a little further and reach my goal health level at the same time.

If you want to know, I really do climb mountains, but purely non-technical assents. Nothing that requires excessive gear or life-threatening situations :)

I look forward to getting to know some of you and keeping spirits up!

Replies

• Hello everyone!

Just joined yesterday so I'm pretty darn new. I'm usually a farily healthy and active person, but due to some medical issues, in the past 3 months I've gained over 10 pounds and lost an incredible amount of motivation and energy. I've always found in the past that keeping a log and having lots of great support is the absolute best way to get back into the swing of things! So far I'm doing great, have eaten healthy the last two days, back into riding my bike to work (45 minutes round trip), and am about to head to the gym for some strength training! So I figure that while I'm at getting back to where I was, I'd like to go a little further and reach my goal health level at the same time.

If you want to know, I really do climb mountains, but purely non-technical assents. Nothing that requires excessive gear or life-threatening situations :)

I look forward to getting to know some of you and keeping spirits up!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome:smile:
  • Welcome! I'm fairly new too. I joined just last week. Good luck on your journey loosing the extra weight! :smile:
  • heya..im new too.Just joined last night.So far ppl here have been supportive...all the best!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
This discussion has been closed.