Looking to lose 8 kg, 17 lbs, in 8 weeks.

Options

Replies

• fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Silentpadna That's actually not a bad idea. Great way to get out of dealing with being in charge of registering the gifts.
  • DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im in - hope u reach your goal. I was bridesmaid last year and the dress was hideous. I was mortified wearing it. And yeah, i sucked it up and gushed over the bride, but i feel ur pain.
  • Thebajan
    Thebajan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Eight weeks is more than enough time! Best to you! :)
  • fruitily
    Options
    First Weekend summary:

Not bad, actually. It helped that I was working. The stumbling block was the birthday party on sunday, but all in all it didn't trip me up too bad.

The scale is still at 66 kg, 145 lbs. But I'm not worried.
  • fruitily
    Options
  • fruitily
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    DeeC01 wrote: »
    Im in - hope u reach your goal. I was bridesmaid last year and the dress was hideous. I was mortified wearing it. And yeah, i sucked it up and gushed over the bride, but i feel ur pain.

did any of the bridesmaids like the dress? did you have any input into picking it?

just curious, my bridesmaid and I picked her dress together.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sorry for chipping in but what's the point of the bride choosing the dress? I mean, to make her look fantastic and the rest terrible? Really? Ok, must admit that nobody would get me into a dress to start with. I'd wear a nice lady's smoking if I really have to wear chic. But this dress is.. well.. I feel sorry for you <3
  • fruitily
    Options
    @yirara To fit the colour scheme for the wedding, pretty much.
  • fruitily
    Options
    Pre 2 weekend update:

So...Surprise Shark Week hit. But, I haven't really gained anything? I'm bloated like crazy, but the scale is stuck somewhere on the high 66 kg to low 67 kg, 145 lbs - 147 lbs.

Diet wise it's fine. My one problem is that it's plum season. And in the last week I've eaten 3 kg, 6 lbs, of plums. I am not exaggerating. I mean, cico is king, and I'm keeping to my allotted calories. But that doesn't leave a lot of room for protein.

Exercise. It's raining, ok. It's raining a lot. And it's cold. And I just want to snuggle under a blanket watching bad movies on Netflix. Currently watching the third DaVinci code movie. It is terrible.
  • mizzk38748
    mizzk38748 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Goodluck! You can do it! Low carb and lots of exercise. You can do it
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind to. Glad you’re having success.
  • GrizzlyNala2
    GrizzlyNala2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    fruitily wrote: »
    @TavistockToad My real goal is to get back to the weight I was when I was fitted for the dress I'm supposed to wear. And if I fail, I've got two weeks from my goal day to have it re-fitted.

or buy some spanx and a new dress that fits you now...

No she wants to fit in her dress she bought inwould do the same
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad My real goal is to get back to the weight I was when I was fitted for the dress I'm supposed to wear. And if I fail, I've got two weeks from my goal day to have it re-fitted.

or buy some spanx and a new dress that fits you now...

No she wants to fit in her dress she bought inwould do the same

You've not read any of the rest of this thread, have you? :huh:
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    You seem to be getting there. How much more to go
  • fruitily
    Options
    Post Weekend Update

Diet:
    This weekend was...ugh. Had a terrible day at work Saturday. It was stressful, and included me getting hit in the face. And the lady might have been pushing 80, but that hurt. So paperwork, a lady crying in your ear for 8 hours, and then getting home and just eating all the carbs.

Sunday was good. I actually ate some of those things. You know, those green things that aren't always green? No, not Red Bull, I always get my daily Red Bull. I mean vegetables. There was ice-cream as well, but I actually used a food scale and didn't go over 100 gram.

Exercise:
    On Saturday I got home from work, curled up on the couch and cried. So no.

Sunday I woke up at noon, watched youtube for 2 hours, while eating ice-cream, and then I went for an hour and some long bike ride. It didn't burn many calories, but it felt good and the sun was shining. Got home, found a yoga video on youtube and flailed around for 40 minutes while drinking a mango and pineapple cider.

Scale:
    I am so in love with Libra. You don't see this, but I weigh myself twice a day, and seeing the fluxuation, while stil seeing a downward trend is freeing.

So for the weekend the numbers didn't change, but I'm not worried.
  • fruitily
    Options
    @AliNouveau Officially? 4 kg, so around 8 lbs. But I'll try to get as low as I can.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    @AliNouveau Officially? 4 kg, so around 8 lbs. But I'll try to get as low as I can.

Hey halfway there!!
  • fruitily
    Options
    Post bachelorette party Update:

So I haven't seen the bride in a month and a half. And the first thing she said to me was "You've become so skinny!"

Diet: The week in general have been...strange, but not terrible. Mostly kept to calories, except for Saturday when I drank all the alcohol and ate so much focaccia bread.

Exercise: Been riding my bike to get around. Doing some pilates and yoga at home. Nothing serious.

Scale:

n91esra8mdvv.png

I'm still on track, well, mostly.

• mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Keep going, you’re doing good!