Diabetic

Options
Any tips and recipes for a type 2 diabetic??

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Read the tips and recipes from the Diabetes Association: http://www.diabetes.org
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I recommend the book, Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution as well as his website and his (dull but educational) YouTube videos. Richard Bernstein is a T1D, who invented hone testing, with a plan to lower insulin needs through diet. Worked wonderfully.

I also recommend Dr Sarah Hallberg. She had a great Ted Talk YouTube video years ago, and is now working on a multi year study that is proving the T2D is reversible using a low carb, moderate protein, healthy fat diet.

Dr Fung's Diabetes Code, or Obesity Code, are plans to treat T2D with a LCHF diet and with fasting. It works well to lower insulin and help reverse diabetes. He also has an active blog and videos which are good for diabetics, if not overly simplistic.

Good luck!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Starting out I ate low carb to control blood sugar. At around 20grams a day. Now I'm able to eat around 150grams a day and my blood sugar stays within range without medication. I was diagnosed t2 at age 12 and I got sick of taking the meds. Luckily I am able to now control it with diet and exercise. I hated taking insulin.