Anyone using the Ayurvedic based strategies in the book "The Prime" by Chaudhary ?

Options
Looking for useful feedback - not the standard "only CICO" works answer

I''m more interested in health improvements - I already lost 80+ lbs.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    The last lengthy Ayurveda discussion I remember didn't go well but you could check it out and reach out to like minded people: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10167622/ayurvedic-nutrition-for-weight-loss-and-general-sanity/p1

(It's from 2015 so a lot of the posters may have since left.)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Thanks - that thread will take a week to read - :)
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The last lengthy Ayurveda discussion I remember didn't go well but you could check it out and reach out to like minded people: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10167622/ayurvedic-nutrition-for-weight-loss-and-general-sanity/p1

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    well since it says it can heal certain diseases(some you cannot heal or cure) and that it cleanses your body(your body does that on its own anyway). some disease can be prevented but others cannot no matter what you do and you cant eradicate some diseases. eradicate means to wipe out of existence. some things although they may not be prevalent in certain countries they are still are around. what kind of health issues do you have that you need to improve? sounds like a rip off of the soma types

Ayurveda predates soma types by thousands of years.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    well since it says it can heal certain diseases(some you cannot heal or cure) and that it cleanses your body(your body does that on its own anyway). some disease can be prevented but others cannot no matter what you do and you cant eradicate some diseases. eradicate means to wipe out of existence. some things although they may not be prevalent in certain countries they are still are around. what kind of health issues do you have that you need to improve? sounds like a rip off of the soma types

That just makes it worse since they had next to no understanding of biochemical processes and how diseases and sickness actually work when they came up with the idea.

Older is not always better.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

ok well soma type is a rip off of that. but its close to being the same thing based on types so to me its woo
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    Looking for useful feedback - not the standard "only CICO" works answer

I''m more interested in health improvements - I already lost 80+ lbs.

Well, since ayurvedic medicine is pure pseudoscience, I would say that the book is a waste of time and money.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a skill I would learn in the Elder Scrolls.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    Thanks - that thread will take a week to read - :)

So you're hoping for someone to do your research for you and give you a summary?