Grab & go healthy food

Options
Been missing meals cause of a busy go life. Don’t care to meal prep because I love my food to be fresh. Fast food makes me sick now being light headed and nauseated. Feeling frustrated for a solution to this insanity!

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Is it that black and white? Fresh food or nothing?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You need to find a happy medium. The "perfect" non-fast food, instant fresh everything, everyday thing isn't practical for everyone.

Meal to me says protein, fat and fiber. Cottage cheese, fruit and veggies. An apple smeared with nut butter, and some veggies. Overnight oatmeal (maybe that's not "fresh," but Greek yogurt mixed with fruit, seeds and oats. Flavored tuna pouches, add veggies.

Salads - it's hard to go wrong with a bag of greens, you can add so many different things. Technically this is meal prep - but look up mason jar salads.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Apples, bananas, baby carrots, almonds, hummus, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese cups?
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks. Hard boiled eggs.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I just do all the washing and cutting and portioning on meal prep day and then cook on the day of if it's not a leftover friendly food.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It depends on the fast food. A Chick Fil A grilled chicken sandwich or a Chick Fil A grilled chicken nuggest 8 count has saved my life on more than one occasion.
  • BlueyezItalia
    BlueyezItalia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the knowledge & advice! I hate fish but love sushi...masked by wasabi and other condiments. I will try all the fruit and nuts if I can’t prep a meal.