Drink that burns 100 cal..

Options
Went to Wal-mart and saw this energy drink called "Celsius."It said it burns 100 calories when you drink it.. Any comments?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I think it is a big fat lie.
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    sounds very intresting!
  • jeepgirl001
    Options
    Sounds to good to be true.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    wow if it works i want some!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I burned 150 calories during my walk at lunchtime today.
    There were no chemicals involved.
    There was no gimmick.
    And it was free. :smile:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Jittering off your chair on a caffeine overdose probably will burn a few calories!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a load of horse manure. Again, if it were that easy, no one would be fat.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    There was a drink like that a while ago that stated that you burn more calories drinking it than it costs. It was only on the market for a couple of months.

Best bet, water! 0 calories and if you drink it cold you boost your metabolism ;)
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    There was no gimmick.

yes! this!
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    got mine at costco...but I think it is a big fat lie too....I wear a hrm when I work out...and tried them for 12 days while drinking and always recorded my calories burned before I started drinking them. NO diffrence! The only fluxuation was me! A FEW calories here or there but it was based on how hard I worked that day or didnt.
    Advice....dont waste your money...let my lesson teach us both
    :ohwell:
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a few in my cupboard. Don't know about the calorie burn, but works ok as an energy drink and doesn't taste bad lol!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Jittering off your chair on a caffeine overdose probably will burn a few calories!

LOL!!!!!! :laugh:
  • sweetpii
    Options
    Awesome reply....Thanks!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You burn that 100 calories by running to the bathroom and throwing up because it tastes like ****.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up on their website. Looks to have all the same chemicals and vitamins as other energy drinks, and claims that studies have proven it can burn up to 100 calories through thermogenic science stuff ....

I'm pretty sure any high caffiene, ginsing and gurana drink will do the same thing.

ETA: I don't think this or any drink that touts calorie burning properties is worth it for the calorie burning. I love me some Red Bull, but I drink it for caffiene, not to burn cals.
  • sweetpii
    Options
    There was no gimmick.

Awesome reply!! So true :)
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I just checked out some of their research reports. Being a Lean 6 Sigma Black Belt I recognized the statistical methods (ANOVA) and software (MiniTab) they used. That just means I also know it's easy, real easy, to make ****ty results look phenomenal.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Best bet, water! 0 calories and if you drink it cold you boost your metabolism ;)

Nothing beats water!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think it is a big fat lie.
    Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I think it is too!