Keto and IF

Options
Hi, I am new to MFP and would like to hear from anyone with advice/tips/recipes for following a Keto plan as well as Intermittent Fasting. I am in Eastern Ontario.

Replies

• RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am month in with low carb, no sugar and IF. So far 20 lbs down. Not sure my energy is where it needs to be but I am incorporating more veggies which I hope helps. I am open to suggestions on boosting energy...

I'll share what I can altho I'm still new to this.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The same principles apply universally: to lose weight, you just have to be in a calorie deficit, but for real, consistently and for a long time, so choose strategies wisely. No extra credit for unnecessary suffering, only less likelyhood of success. Meal timing and food choices are up to preference. If weightloss is your prime goal, make sure you're focusing on eating less, not on impressing your coworkers with your crazy diet.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP and would like to hear from anyone with advice/tips/recipes for following a Keto plan as well as Intermittent Fasting. I am in Eastern Ontario.

Hi , I been doing low carbs, no dairy.. last week I also incorporated IF 5:2 into the mix and lost 6.5 lbs in one week. I'm curious to see how much I lose the 2nd week.. weighting myself Saturday. One word of advise do whatever work best for you , experiment with different methods until you find something that you feel comfortable with and can make as part of your lifestyle..