Premium? Worth it?

Options
Is the premium with the $70 a year? I also use my fitbit app

Replies

• kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say no. Most of the advertised premium features actually don't work. Exported data is incorrect (especially exercise which only includes one entry for the day, so if you do more than one type of exercise then you're out of luck). I don't trust the rest of the exported data either because they can't seem to fix the incorrect exercise data being exported -- I reported it months ago and they haven't been able to fix it. Food intake (types of food) breakdown only works for the last 32 days; if you select 90 days it's incorrect, missing foods and the commonly eaten foods report is incorrect. No reports work for more than 30 days, except weight: if you select 90 days for any report you'll get only 32 days worth and the values and graph are incorrect

So if you're thinking of getting premium for the data export or extended reports don't bother -- they don't work, MFP has known for at least 3 months (some issues have been known for over a year based on the help forums) and they can't or won't fix them.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have to decide if the features offered are worth the money for you. I personally don't need any of them so I don't pay.
  • contactmenow
    contactmenow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to add foods, including the name, without going Premium? When I try, I get the 'Quick Add' option and it doesn't let me name the food. HELP?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to add foods, including the name, without going Premium? When I try, I get the 'Quick Add' option and it doesn't let me name the food. HELP?

Click on “Create a food” instead of “Quick Add”.
  • sramgirl
    sramgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the premium version. The macronutrient breakdown and being able to click on each nutrient category to find out what foods contributed the most is helpful. It's been revealing to see what my vitamin rich foods are. I've been able to manipulate my meals more effectively. I also don't care for seeing ads.
  • Mommytyme
    Mommytyme Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree with @sramgirl I too enjoy the premium version. I'm an addict now about watching my macronutrients and seeing what foods Are highest in fats/carbohydrates. I also like my weekly reports
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I believe in paying people for their work so I have a one year subscription. (It was only US$50)
    I don't like ads.
    I am an old school computer geek, way back when, we had "Shareware" where you tried software, if you liked it you purchased a license for the software, the license gave you more features than the free version. I am used to this payment format.