Insanity Workout

Options
HdezJ
HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
Has anybody achieved great results with this workout? So far it seems pretty legit, i went from 175 lbs to 171 lbs by the end of 7 days.

Replies

• iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of all the beach body programs I've tried. The only negative I've heard about Insanity is the level of injury. With all the jumping, it's important to make sure landings are soft, and it's not too high of an impact. I think the calorie burn is pretty crazy, though. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
  • hutazi
    hutazi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    did that previously and did lose about 10-15kg or so with insanity and also 5:2 IF. but yes, there is risk of injury. just dont push it. wear proper shoes and do what you can and within limits/range of motion. and make sure landings are soft. if youre making stomping noises. youre not in control of the move and will get hurt. its nice to see the people in the video suffer like us regular folk though. i did it for a quite a while without any issues, but then f'd up my knee warming up for football somehow. so havent done it since. its HIIT so, its definitely effective. it sucks when all revved to go and it turns out to just be a stretching day. blehhh
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I purchased T25, which I believe is the shorter version. I decided it’s too intense for me at this stage as I’m very overweight and just getting fit so I’ll leave it for a few months before I get stuck into it. It looks great, though.

My brother did Insanity and lost a lot on it. Not too sure how much but he’s going to start again.
  • alexa0ne
    alexa0ne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard about it, how does it work?
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    alexa0ne wrote: »
    I haven't heard about it, how does it work?

Its pretty straight forward. 60 days of high interval training. It comes with a calander telling you what workout (on a cd) you should do everyday. Its pretty fun, will leaving you soaking in sweat, will make you burn 500+ calories in 30 min but intense.