Weight Loss Stopped Slowly Gaining

Options
Thank-You for taking time to read my post

I started my Diet on the 9th January. I have lost 36 Pound so far.

I'm slowly starting to gain weight even thou I'm Exercising and monitoring my food

I do 3.5 Mile per day on treadmill takes around 48 Minutes.

Eat 1800 calories per day.

40g Fat

180g Protein

I feel miles better in myself and coming down in size in clothes

Its just when i get on the scales and see I'm gaining weight gets me down and wondering if I'm doing anything wrong.

My new weight is 20 Stone 11 Pounds

Thanks for reading and any advice is welcome.

Replies

• Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Have you updated goals on mfp since losing weight? It will probably allow you less calories than before you lost weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring those cal? are you using a food scale? If you were truly eating 1800 you would not be gaining.
    Congrats on your loss so far.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    When you say you see yourself gaining on the scale, is your overall trendweight creeping up or do you mean you see gains and losses on the scale (because that is totally normal).
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Cut back 100 cal a day, see how it goes.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Thank you for providing real data. That makes it possible to troubleshoot.

Your weightloss testifies to a daily deficit of around 530 calories.
    Your current weight, and estimated height 6' and age 35, gives you a TDEE of around 3500.
    3500 minus 530 is 2970, which is your real average calorie intake.

Until now, your TDEE has been high enough to allow you to lose weight at 3000 calories.
    Now, at a lower weight, your TDEE is also lower, which means that you need to eat less in order to continue losing.
    Less means less than 3000, not less than 1800.

To be sure you're eating the amount of calories you think you are, you need a food scale, and to track your intake correctly.
    In order to continue doing that, day in and day out, which you have to in order for weightloss to happen, you need a good diet.
    A strange or boring or strict diet does not make you lose faster. It will just make you want to cheat and quit. It's easy to cheat and quit. Make it easier to continue.

With your rate of loss over about 8 months, your starting weight, current weight and activity level, I can't see how 1800 is possible. @kommodevaran is right and the math above proves it.

1. Food scale.
    2. Refer to #1
    Less means less than 3000, not less than 1800.