Introducing Myself

Options
Hello my name is Ed. January of 2017 was at 430lbs battling high bp and living a very sedentary life. I ate and drank whatever and that’s what got me where I was. I Decided to make a change so I started out making small changes. First I started walking a little parkbench to parkbench. Now I’m up to two laps around the park daily which is two miles. I’ve included bike riding several times a week as well. I also use bands for light weight training. I only drink water. I eat oatmeal with walnuts and blueberries every morning. I eat baked chicken or salmon for lunch or dinner with some kind of vegetable like broccoli or a salad. I eat apples or yogurt for a snack. As of 8/13/18 I’m am 305lbs. The weight loss has slowed dramatically so I’m using my fitness pal to count calories and track my activity daily. I feel better and my bp is close to normal. I don’t have to go to the big and tall to get clothes big enough to fit. I don’t get that look when I go places like I used to when I was at 430lbs. I’ve had days where I didn’t meet goals whether it was food or exercise but I didn’t give up. My goal weight is 175 and I’m determined to do it no matter how
long it takes and one pound at a time.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :)
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job so far. One pound at a time is the way to go!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    well done ed. welcome. feel free to send me a friend request.