Hi......again

Options
Hello again MFP. I'm back. Can't seem to keep myself on track, so time to put on my big girl panties, admit what I have been doing wrong, and get myself back on here. I lost 60 pounds my first time around, and have put back on 20 of them. EEK!
No doubt this is in part due to starting a bakery business! The business is going great, and for the most part, I can stay out of the cupcakes and desserts I bake, however, when I am coming up with new recipes, I have to taste along the way until I get it right. Giving up my business is NOT an option. This is a long term dream of mine that has finally come to fruition. I provide desserts for a local restaurant, and do special orders for parties, special occassions, etc. Going low cal, low fat on everything isn't a viable option either. (yes, I can do some healthy desserts...however, the clientel I provide for will want to stay with what is on the menu.)
That being said, I know when I am in the kitchen coming up with something new and sampling items, I will have to make sure to incorporate a longer workout on those days.
On top of Amycakes, I also work full time, and am a mother to 2 awesome kids. I have a very supportive boyfriend, who will help me along the way.
Looking forward to getting back to basics and gaining control of my health.

Replies

• tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine was quite successful in creating cakes and other goodies that were low-fat or low-sugar. Perhaps that can be something you can incorporate into your business to not only make it a success, but help youself and others to enjoy some guilt-free temptations!

Aside from that, be vigilant about checking your calories and activity levels, even AFTER you've met your goal. That's the best way to maintain the progress you've made and not backslide! (That's always been my downfall and I've vowed to never again get back to this size!)
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tip! I do plan on incorportating some healthier, more hip friendly items...hardest one for me to figure out is a really good buttercream. Most of my frostings are a swiss style meringue buttercream, they don't have as much sugar as the traditional American buttercream...but..well, no subsitute for the real thing on the butter part of that!

I hear you on staying vigilant after meeting goals!! At least there is a place for us to come to when we do get off track. :smile: