Sooooo HUNGRY!

Options
I am sooo hungry and more than ready for this work day to be over, but then again I'm a bit worried to go home and stuff my face. I only have a few hundred calories left for dinner. I plan on having a few eggs, and light bread, along with some tomatoes. I feel like my caloric allowance without excersizing is sooo low compared to my weight.

I am allowed 1400 calories and I am currently 280 lbs. Other calculators have me at 2400 to maintain so that would be 1900 to lose right? I mean it shouldn't be this difficult.

Perhaps I need suggestions to other alternatives that would be more filling for the same or less calories?:huh:

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you feel deprived up your calories to maybe 15 or 16. Sometimes that extra one or two hundred helps! I went through the same thing...I stuck with 1500 for a while then I eased back down to 1300 and now Im getting hungry more.
  • mrshollywozniak
    Options
    I'm sooo hungry too! I am eating 1420 calories a day as a "sedentary" person (not sedentary just like to manually add) and I weigh 191. I am losing at a rate of 1.5 lbs per week. Well at least that's what they expected but I've been losing like 2-2.5 pounds per week. Maybe it is wrong for you?!?!
  • sweetpii
    Options
    You may need to revise your weekly weight loss goal. If you have it over 1 or 2 lbs per week, the calculator will only give you a VERY limited amount of cals to eat.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

Perhaps I need suggestions to other alternatives that would be more filling for the same or less calories?:huh:

YES! This is what I struggled with at first...I was like "WHAT!? You want me to only eat 1236 calories a day!?" but that is because the things I was eating were so high in calories AND I was DRINKING a lot of my calories! I cut out all drinks except WATER! I have milk with my cereal on days that I eat cereal and once or twice a week I try to fit in some sorta juice. But that was where I was loosing all my calories. Then I started eating more tuna, egg whites, low calorie whole wheat bread, fruit, veggies etc and I ended up eating probably just as much in quantity if not more and I don't feel hungry all the time!
  • dragonflytwt
    dragonflytwt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Try Hungry Girl, very good recipies for low calories, fulfilling too!
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For your body weight i'd personally have more kcals as otherwise your boby will go into starvation mode. How about a happy medium for now maybe 1700kcals and see how you get on. There is no sense in being hungry you'll be liking to binge then. As you lose weight lower your kcals.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow id love to be on 1400 calories! i really struggle with my 1200 so I HAVE to exercise everyday just so I can eat. I doubt you will go into starvation mode to be honest as it would need to be a real minimum of calories (under 1000) and over an extended period of time.
  • NewLyfe10
    Options
    i feel your pain lol. what helps me is green and mint tea with sweet & low/splenda & some skim milk or soymilk. it definilty curbs my appetite. just be careful with the sweet n low, its not too healthy in the longrun. May want to consider detoxing the body once a month to get rid of the aspartame. (fyi)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to add protein with your breakfast and to eat veggies at snacks instead of packaged items since you can eat a ton for very few calories. If you do some exercise when you get home from work you can eat more for dinner.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am sooo hungry and more than ready for this work day to be over, but then again I'm a bit worried to go home and stuff my face. I only have a few hundred calories left for dinner. I plan on having a few eggs, and light bread, along with some tomatoes. I feel like my caloric allowance without excersizing is sooo low compared to my weight.

I am allowed 1400 calories and I am currently 280 lbs. Other calculators have me at 2400 to maintain so that would be 1900 to lose right? I mean it shouldn't be this difficult.

I know the hungry feeling. I just started and I am still adjusting.

I might suggest cutting out the tomatoes and substituting other veggies. I noticed that tomatoes were higher in calories and other things, unlike other veggies I was eating. However, tomatoes aren't bad! Just trying to think on how to fill you up more. Instead of the tomatoes and bread, add some Romaine Lettuce and make a salad with the eggs (perhaps whites only?) and some of the lower cal veggies with 1 Tbsp of ranch? That might help fill you up! :)

If you feel you need more calories, you can do what I did and exercise just so you can eat more! LOL

Hang in there! <3
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you ever tried chia seed but that seems to help me. Soak 1tbs in 8 oz of water and let it sit for like 5 min. Squirt some lime in it and drink it. The chia seeds expand and help you feel full...also they have lots of fiber...anti-oxidants and omega 3 fatty acids...60cal for tbs. Look them up on the net.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and you need to cut out the chips and other non-filling snacks and add more protein & fiber with stuff like yogurt, whole grains, fruit, veggies, etc... and be sure to drink your water! Sometimes being slightly dehydrated can make you feel like you're hungry when you really aren't.

Excellent suggestions here! I didn't look at your diary. I was only going off what you had planned for dinner :)

I also find getting to eat more calories is a big motivator and reward for doing a workout. Maybe it will work for you too!

Remember to hang in there!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Fiber and protein are SUPER FILLING, especially fiber. When I have a meal with 15+g of fiber and 35+g of protein, I don't want food anywhere near my mouth for a long time.

One time I "accidentally" ate 25g of fiber for breakfast, which came down to about 500 calories total. I had to skip lunch because I just couldn't eat anymore.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ditch all fruit juice - it will rob you of your calories - not worth the hidden sugars! (Just learned today that the so-called "fresh-squeezed" 100% orange juice is NOT natural afterall - the processing effect takes out all the flavor. Then chemical flavors are added - TOXIC chemicals. I will never drink orange juice again.) Check the full story on mercola.com
  • akashastrega
    Options
    I am 265 and trying to lose 90 pounds. I set my goal to be 1 1/2 pounds per week and my calories are at 1500ish/day. I am not sure why the numbers are so different unless you are set to lose more than 1 or 1 1/2 pounds/week. I'd take a look at your goals and maybe reset things. I also discovered that eating oatmeal is very filling and not very high in calories (all that fiber), so you can try that.
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and you need to cut out the chips and other non-filling snacks and add more protein & fiber with stuff like yogurt, whole grains, fruit, veggies, etc... and be sure to drink your water! Sometimes being slightly dehydrated can make you feel like you're hungry when you really aren't.

I don't do the chips daily, and just had a craving. I'm a huge fan of fruit and veggies, so I suppose I'm going to have to keep those cravings to one day a week.