Breakfast Ideas

Options
sdanemrtn
sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
Hey Fam!

Just getting fired up on my journey and would love some lower carb/higher protien breakfast ideas that are relatively easy to make. I am still a child and eat cereal, so need to start eating some healthier options. What favorites have you come across that don't necessarily feel like "healthy foods?"

Replies

• maddienicole2018
    maddienicole2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with spicy suasage mixed into it . And maybe some hot sauce . Tiny bit not a lot .
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I do fage 0% greek yogurt with the jam cups--that way you can control the amount of sugar you add. Also a banana, usually with peanut butter
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    0% yoghurt + fresh fruit followed by a soft boiled egg.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bake an egg, basil and a little bit of cheese (I've used goat and provolone) into a hollowed out tomato with a side of sprouted grain toast.
  • vanessa1441
    vanessa1441 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wheat toast, 2 eggs on top can be scrambled or cooked as you like, a couple tomatoes slices and some avocado.
  • juliamfu161
    juliamfu161 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just go with 2 hard boiled eggs. dip in a tiny bit of salt and pepper, and they are very delicious.

My other go to breakfast is sliced fruit and cheese. I get to pick out some fancy cheeses at the store so this one's fun. And pairing different fruit flavors means that I get a lot of variety.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My go to lately has been Thomas Lite English Muffins (100 cal) topped with .25 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter and just 10 ml of Cary's Sugar Free Syrup and a cup of Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt (80 cal and 12 g protein with only around 7g of sugar) with 5 grams of Kind Peanut Butter Granola for a little added crunch. For all of this... You get a total of 20g protein, 11g sugar, 40g carbs, 6g fat at only 250 calories. Filling and appetizing. Also just had Kodiak Protein Pancakes recommended to me and tried them Sunday with some fresh blueberries and the Cary's Sugar Free pancake syrup... Good stuff, high protein and filling too.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You could eat cereal with protein milk (vanilla flavor probably, mixed with milk). That would be super easy and add a lot of protein.

Otherwise, you know, eggs. I'd probably cook up a few over easy eggs and some bacon and keep them in the fridge because I'm super lazy in the mornings. Maybe eat it on top of a piece of toast with some avocado and bacon. Yum.
  • vickymarieo
    vickymarieo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Always go for 173l40u3w9v5.jpeg
    2 eggs and 1 slice of toast for me ! Boring but fills me up
  • flgtr4evr
    flgtr4evr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast lately is 3 large scrambled eggs with onions, green peppers, and mushrooms along with a little pepper jack cheese. This is after drinking protein shake after workout with Greek yogurt and frozen blueberries.
  • mirnmax
    mirnmax Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to cut the top off a bell pepper (keep it!), scoop out the seeds - add ham, cheese, mushroom, onion - whatever fancies you.... then crack 1-2 eggs depending on the size of the pepper -- put the "lid" of the pepper back on and microwave about 2 minutes give or take depending on how you like your eggs........ It's easy to do at work too - - I just chop up all my add-ins for the week and bring in peppers already cleaned and eggs....... and your co-workers will hate/love you cause it smells so good!!!! :) You could probably bake a bunch of these ahead of time, but haven't tried it - I like the crunch that remains on the pepper since it's only cooked 2 minutes...... or as another person stated make egg muffins - they are good cold or reheat easily........
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today breakfast was Cocoa Puffs cereal, 60 g, Kefir, 4.0 oz, and peanut powder, 45 g. That was 461 calories and 28 grams protein. The kefir is thicker than milk and all that peanut powder made it thicker still. With the addition of a pot of coffee, my breakfast protein reached 30 grams.

It's not keto, of course. I don't try for high fat. My goal was to use kefir and reach 30 g protein.