Need advice please someone! Anyone!

Options
Hey everyone! I am getting so discouraged with this. I have done very well with my eating and exercise but the scale just will not move. This is my 2nd week. I just want to cry! :sad: What am I doing or not doing? I exercise everyday except for Sunday for 1 hour. I burn anywhere from 300-400 calories during that time. HELP!!:sad:

Replies

• Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am getting so discouraged with this. I have done very well with my eating and exercise but the scale just will not move. This is my 2nd week. I just want to cry! :sad: What am I doing or not doing? I exercise everyday except for Sunday for 1 hour. I burn anywhere from 300-400 calories during that time. HELP!!:sad:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

everyone knows the only way to lose any weight is to exercise twice on Sunday...just kidding....take your time...did you gain all the weight in 2 weeks? well, you wont lose it fast either...hang in there
  • SkinnyMorgan
    Options
    hey, this is my third week and i just started showing progress. it was only 3 pounds but it was the greatest thing ever!!! keep it up and you will see change.

hang in there!!
  • Monda
    Options
    LOL, I thought that might be the culprit. Thanks for the lift in spirit!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Please don't be disheartened. Its very easy to give up. I have worked 3 hard months and now, I am starting to show like my body is getting fit. Everyone is different. Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing. I promise, it will work!
  • agapita1965
    Options
    I know how discouraging it can be...hang in there. You're doing what is right and I'm sure your body loves you for it. The pounds will begin to drop, you're doing great!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Monda
    Options
    hey, this is my third week and i just started showing progress. it was only 3 pounds but it was the greatest thing ever!!! keep it up and you will see change.

hang in there!!

Thanks! Its nice to know I am not alone in this journey!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    everyone knows the only way to lose any weight is to exercise twice on Sunday...just kidding....take your time...

I almost spilled my water,that was funny.

Well , you need to keep doing what you are doing. Do not give up. Did your weight magical show up? No, then give you yourself some time. This is not a diet but a lifestyle change.
    The weight will come off slowly,and that is a good thing.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I first started, but now I'm starting to see the scale move down. From what I have read of other posts that are similar to yours, two questions are invariably asked:
    1) do you eat your exercise calories?
    2) are you drinking enough water?

Also, one thing that I think was true for me was that I hadn't exercised for a while, and then when I started again, I was building up my muscles again. And remember that muscles weigh as much or more than fat... So, the scale might not be showing what you are doing... So, my advice? Keep up what you are doing. You will see progress... especially if you start to feel your clothes fitting better or if you measure yourself. I take 5 measurements every couple weeks, and I have seen a difference there, even if the scale wasn't showing anything. And -- more importantly -- I've had a couple people ask if I have lost some weight because I look better! THAT is even better -- not just do I feel better about eating right/better and exercising, but people are starting to notice!

:happy:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you're losing the weight properly. That is, LOSING it. Not temporarily misplacing it by means of a crash diet, but getting rid of it for good.
  • Monda
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I first started, but now I'm starting to see the scale move down. From what I have read of other posts that are similar to yours, two questions are invariably asked:

Also, one thing that I think was true for me was that I hadn't exercised for a while, and then when I started again, I was building up my muscles again. And remember that muscles weigh as much or more than fat... So, the scale might not be showing what you are doing... So, my advice? Keep up what you are doing. You will see progress... especially if you start to feel your clothes fitting better or if you measure yourself. I take 5 measurements every couple weeks, and I have seen a difference there, even if the scale wasn't showing anything. And -- more importantly -- I've had a couple people ask if I have lost some weight because I look better! THAT is even better -- not just do I feel better about eating right/better and exercising, but people are starting to notice!

Yes, I do eat my exercise calories and I drink 64 oz water everyday. Should I be drinking more water? I do feel better. I guess I am just in a hurry to see some progress. I know I should be patient. Thanks so much for sharing with me.
  • Monda
    Options
    everyone knows the only way to lose any weight is to exercise twice on Sunday...just kidding....take your time...

I almost spilled my water,that was funny.

Well , you need to keep doing what you are doing. Do not give up. Did your weight magical show up? No, then give you yourself some time. This is not a diet but a lifestyle change.
    The weight will come off slowly,and that is a good thing.

Thanks so much! I just might try exercising twice on Sunday. :laugh: Ha! Ha! Thanks so much for making me feel better
  • Monda
    Options
    Just remember that you're losing the weight properly. That is, LOSING it. Not temporarily misplacing it by means of a crash diet, but getting rid of it for good.

That is a great way of looking at it. I will remember this. Thanks so much!
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Just keep at it, it will come off! :flowerforyou:
  • Monda
    Options

hang in there!!

Thank you so much for sharing with me!
  • Monda
    Options
    Thank you to you all for making me feel so much better. It is great to know there are people who really care and are willing to give you the support. I really do appreciate it!
  • mattswmn
    Options
    ive been on here for a week and a half and have only lose 1 lb but my body feels better and i have so much more energy. just keep it up it will come when you least expect it. as long as you stick to it, dont give in and keep positive...youll see results. (thats the advice i got when i was whining about my 1 lb :smile: good luck!!! :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

Yes, I do eat my exercise calories and I drink 64 oz water everyday. Should I be drinking more water? I do feel better. I guess I am just in a hurry to see some progress. I know I should be patient. Thanks so much for sharing with me.

I have dropped 12 pounds since the 30th of January and have over 100 pounds to lose......I did up my water intake to double 128 oz a day and noticed a quick drop......try it for a week.. Otherwise read the posts here and read often, go online to ask.com and start askin questions...........

You willl be alright hand in there.....
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Keep at it, follow all the advice from the successful folks gere - then you'll have a "whooooosh!" when you least expect it!
  • Bluegrassinman
    Options
    Hang in there! Seems to be most folks suggestion. Mine too! As someone who lost 55 pounds several years ago using the Atkins low-carb diet, I know that even it took a couple weeks to really get into ketosis and see the fast weight loss. But, I think most folks would agree that a more realistic diet and longer-term outlook might be best. Getting the exercise is probably one of the most important steps, which you're already doing. I back-slid on the Atkins diet and when you don't stick with it you'll generally gain back the weight, as I did. Now I'm more interested in a realistic dieting lifestyle. Also keep in mind that individuals have different metabolism so it's not too likely that everyone will always lose at exactly the same rate. I've also found that my mental state has a big impact on whether I stick with the plan - so stay positive and visualize your goal. I'll bet you'll get there.