Life Insurance rating REMOVED!

Options
So 2 years ago when my hubby and I got life insurance (and I was at my heaviest weight), I was rated, since I was heavier than the "norm" and well, in the eyes of insurance, ofcourse I am a higher risk. I was told I needed to lose 40 lbs and keep it off for one year. My "insurance" age was 35, and I was only 27 years old!

Well I applied for the removal of the rating since I have lost 40 lbs and was able to keep it off for 1 year...(still working on the rest of the 60 lbs for my ultimate goal)

Just got word today the rating was removed!!! Now just waiting to find out the lower premium amount! :)

Replies

• Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That is an AWESOME NSV! Great job!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow... talk about a NSV!!! Congratulations! :)
  • Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome achievement! I bet not only do you feel great keeping off the weight, but also that you are going to have a lower premium!
  • michelle9999
    michelle9999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! As a life insurance "seller" I know what that is all about! Good for you!!!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is a fantastic NSV! I too had to pay a higher rate for life insurance due to my obesity. Maybe someday, I can make the same change as well.

Congratulations.
  • annaasun
    annaasun Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OMG! That's great! :)
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! That is exactly what I'm working on myself right now so I totally understand your joy. I still have 16lbs to go before I can be on the lower end of the premiums.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! What an NSV!

This is a goal I have in my mind too, the wife and I qualifed for "preferred" rate a couple of years ago, we both want to lose more and keep it off so we can be "super preferred"!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!